Sneakin' in a kitty

By Anonymous - 15/01/2022 08:02

Today, my wife brought home a kitten, telling me it had been abandoned. She must think I’m dumb, since our credit card statement shows that all last week she bought it from a breeder, then got it vaccinated and chipped at the vet's, and only now brought it home to feed me this pack of lies. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 367
You deserved it 192

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I mean, not sure what worries me most - that she is lying her dumb ass off to her husband, or that she'd pay a breeder for a kitten rather than adopt one, since there are actually quite a few abandoned cats and kittens in most areas.

stupid of her for lying, was the sob story the only way she thought you would agree to the kitten? also, shame on her for not adopting from a shelter.

Comments

I mean, not sure what worries me most - that she is lying her dumb ass off to her husband, or that she'd pay a breeder for a kitten rather than adopt one, since there are actually quite a few abandoned cats and kittens in most areas.

Glitterbaby2613 20

she's bad for lying but what's so wrong about having a cat

I agree, torn because she seems to be an animal lover. But why lie and pay, when so many other free animals need love?

The fact that she lied about how she got it while also trying to manipulate his heart. She really coulda just gone to get a kitten or cat from a shelter to be honest

stupid of her for lying, was the sob story the only way she thought you would agree to the kitten? also, shame on her for not adopting from a shelter.

It's ok to lie for something so cute. That's where morality is these days.

Samantha Daye Covey 9

I agree that anyone should adopt don’t sho. I think that has been established. No need to post the same comment over and over. But she must have felt she could’t come to you and felt she had to go behind the grapevine to sneak this innocent kitten in. What problems did you have BEFORE the kitten? What’s missing from your marriage? Somewhere there is a reason she is unhappy. Don’t know? Find out what they are get counseling and go from there. 🙂 Good Luck.

The fact that she felt she needed to lie to you about it shows even deeper issues. but yes she thinks you're an idiot or is dumb asf herself