Wow thanks, I'm cured

By anon - 13/06/2023 03:00

Today, my girlfriend complained that she always feels like shit, and that she's tried "everything" to feel better. Everything except eating regular healthy meals, exercising, sleeping regularly, drinking water, showering, and changing clothes daily, that is. I pointed this out, and she kicked me out in a rage. FML
I agree, your life sucks 868
You deserved it 287

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You do realize those things you say she didn’t try are also signs of depression, right? Sounds like she needs professional help and you’re an AH.

I hope she finds a good mental health provider. You're an ass.

Comments

You do realize those things you say she didn’t try are also signs of depression, right? Sounds like she needs professional help and you’re an AH.

Yes but she still didn't have to lose her shit when the obvious truth got pointed out to her.

I hope she finds a good mental health provider. You're an ass.

Your loss.... ...that's actually a win! Now, go find someone else.

those are most likely symptoms, especially if it's something that was recently changed about her behaviour. It can be something mental like depression or something physical there are a few viruses and some food sensitivities that can cause similar lack of energy as you describe. Help her get some medical help instead of mansplaining.

Yo that’s depression and you pointing that out would make her feel worse asshat.

Sounds like she's throwing out who's depressing her.

ODBeefalo 10

there is a right way and a wrong way to point things out... you could cook some better meals. bring her out of the house more, insensitivising clothes changing, shower together. If she is depressed you don't throw it at her, you try to find ways to pull her out of it in good ways. be her happiness not another sign she's depressed.

What even is asexual? In biology class it meant that something could reproduce without sex. I've heard of Aces being *****, so that sounds very sexual to me. Googling clarifies nothing for me.

Pretty sure this comment hit the wrong fml, but a definition for you: An asexual person is one who doesn't feel sexual attraction. They don't look at people and say, "Wow, they're hot, I want to have sex with them!" They may, however, like to have sex, and may even have lots of sex.

you’re a massive asshole. she can’t do those things because she feels like shit, not the other way around. the girl needs help, not a shitty boyfriend.

Your life doesn't suck, because she just put it on a better path. Shrug and move on. Better you found out how she really works now than after you got married or had a kid. She may be depressed. She may be a lazy sack who wants a man to look after her. You'll have to judge, but if she flipped out over you bringing it up, I'd lean heavily toward "lazy sack".