Worst teeth in the game

By stinky breath - This FML is from back in 2014 but it's good stuff - United States - Whittier

Today, I taught my 23-year-old boyfriend how to correctly brush his teeth. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 123
You deserved it 6 722

Top comments

Let's hope he doesn't just brush off your advice.

Comments

Let's hope he doesn't just brush off your advice.

salvorican 24

I sure hope ops boyfriend cleans up his act.

I'm sure if he goes back to his old ways, that you would be Crest-fallen.

Rainhawk94 27

Sounds like op's fb needs to find the root of his problem

I agree, he really needs to clean up his plaque.

This thread was awesome until the above comment..sorry, but that pun makes no sense!

cdawg69 10

plaque...act.... the syllables sound the same

sexyboi1985 27

I hope he is a good learner !

Kyna_Bitch 16

'cause you know teaching adults to brush their teeth is an average everyday thing.

Didn't learn good hygiene growing up I take it.

Fr0gs 15

Maybe he didnt have anyone to teach him

sharklover2017 11

I guess look on the bright side, at least now he knows how to and he'll have minty fresh breath! Hopefully he makes it into a habit though...

There's a wrong way to do it? It's incredibly intuitive

I'm 26 and just learned last year from my dentist that I've been brushing my teeth wrong all my life. Apparently you're supposed to brush up and down along your teeth, not side to side, in order to get the bristles under your gums. Who knew? I never had a problem with bad breath or yucky looking teeth, because I DID brush twice daily, just not with optimal technique. I did, however, have problems with swollen gums, but my dentist growing up attributed that to not enough flossing rather than incorrect brushing. When you're doing something wrong and no one notices, and thus no one tells you, how are you to know? Perhaps it's something like that with OP's boyfriend, where he does habitually brush his teeth, but he just doesn't have some minor technique down.

49, it doesn't help that dentist's change the technique every once in awhile. It used to be ok to go in circles when doing the front of your teeth but now they find it pushes the gums back so you're supposed to go from the top down. Although the way this post is worded makes it seem like it was a bigger issue than minor technique.

Now he can have a gorgeous smile, like me (:

Let's not get cocky now. Your smile isn't that great.

MzZombicidal 36

I can't help but giggle over his profile saying "not a pretty boy"

Another attention *****, the likes of whom would take selfies, saying "So ugly"?

Have a nice day (: -from the vain kid who is narcissistic.