This is ain't it, son

By I can never win - 13/07/2023 18:00

Spicy
Today, and like every month, my husband goes through the wastebasket and checks my used pads for proof that I’m not lying about being on my period to get out of sex, all because once, I didn’t feel like having sex and said I was on my period, even though I wasn’t. He found out I lied because he saw my clean pad. FML
I agree, your life sucks 971
You deserved it 856

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Look, OP. Listen. If a friend of yours came to you and told you this story—about feeling like she had to lie to get out of sex and her boyfriend literally physically checked her used pads from then unto perpetuity—what would your reaction be? Would you think that was normal? Or would you tell her to run like she was on fire? Because from where I’m standing, I can’t imagine what he could possibly bring to this relationship that would weigh up against this massive violation of my privacy. You can do better, and you should.

That's creepy and gross. Is he unable to just accept a no?

Comments

That's creepy and gross. Is he unable to just accept a no?

whatshername?! 39

Gross. Are you sure he is the one to stay with?

Look, OP. Listen. If a friend of yours came to you and told you this story—about feeling like she had to lie to get out of sex and her boyfriend literally physically checked her used pads from then unto perpetuity—what would your reaction be? Would you think that was normal? Or would you tell her to run like she was on fire? Because from where I’m standing, I can’t imagine what he could possibly bring to this relationship that would weigh up against this massive violation of my privacy. You can do better, and you should.

if you don't feel comfortable enough to say no to sex with no explanation what does that say about your relationship?

lalalaila777 24

couple therapy might be able to give you the communication you need to say your needs, if he still thinks his needs are above yours, and that you aren't allowed to say no i don't feel like it, is that how you want to live the rest of your life?

@lalalaila777 - Screw couples therapy in this case, OP should leave.

Couples’ therapy is severely not recommended in abusive relationships because it gives the abuser more ways to hold on to their victim. OP needs to get out of here.

Wow... If you wonder why you sometimes don't feel like sex, that's the reason right there: Because it has become an obligation

major red flag 🚩 big violation. get out soon.

OP, you need to RUN. That is not a healthy action (nor is it hygienic). Really big red flag.

You need a new husband, this one is psychotic.

You NEVER “owe” ANYONE sex. That sounds like a relationship to get out of. I doubt that’s the only demanding and controlling that he does.