Worst customers, part 37764

By FthisJob - 03/10/2022 21:00

Today, I had to explain to a customer that I couldn't give her a cash refund on a card transaction. She bought the item, and within 5 minutes returned it, demanding a refund. It takes 2 business days for the refund to process. She saw fit to throw an epic tantrum, and I was written up for “upsetting the customer.” FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 139
You deserved it 92

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like a scam to me, probably a stolen card.

And yet no one wants to work or some horse poop like that.

Comments

And yet no one wants to work or some horse poop like that.

Sounds like a scam to me, probably a stolen card.

Hey, the lady is trying to launder money for some big drug kingpin, so play along so you all don't get whacked!

Most stores have a policy that refunds go back directly on the card that it was originally purchased on. This generally protects the store from fraud. Such a return should be able to processed immediately at the store, though the credit card company may take its time to fully process the transactions - But that’s not the fault of the store or the cashier. And given a little time it will sort itself out. If on the other hand the customer was demanding cash back from a credit card purchase, I would bet it’s a stolen card or there is something else odd going on.

Let me guess. USA? (Although I see this happening in most Western countries so I think it's another silent pandemic....)