Why so serious?

By Cynic - 15/11/2022 07:00 - United States

Today, I've come to accept that no matter how black-and-white an issue is, someone will always side with the obviously wrong point of view and take themselves 100% seriously while doing it. I don't want to live on this planet anymore. FML
I agree, your life sucks 642
You deserved it 402

Same thing different taste

Top comments

In a world of gray areas you have turned things into strictly black and white. You are part of the problem. Just because an opinion is opposite of yours doesn’t mean it’s wrong for them. Their decision is based on their paradigm and situation.

And your side is the only right side? Always?

Comments

In a world of gray areas you have turned things into strictly black and white. You are part of the problem. Just because an opinion is opposite of yours doesn’t mean it’s wrong for them. Their decision is based on their paradigm and situation.

Marcella1016 31

Nope. Some things are just wrong. Child labor in mines? Prosecution for rape perpetrators? Problem with this day and age is everyone wants to be the edgy, “outside the box” thinker, but really you’re the douche who’s been manipulated into thinking you’re a free thinker, but really you’re just ******* shit up for the rest of us.

I think the point was that most things are gray and people take them to the extreme of black and white. But there doesn't seem to be a point to explain that to someone who uses this type of language.

expanding on what mercela said there are things that are just plain wrong. like the people who still, despite everything, think the earth is flat and whatnot. I do agree the world isn't black and white but that doesn't mean we should as a society be giving out free passes to ignorance and misinformation. even if somone wants to strongly believe something it doesn't make it correct and has to be fact checked. I struggle to put it into words but at a certain point there was to be a stop hol up thats wrong and no matter how much you want to believe the opposite its just not gonna be the truth. I boil it down to its better to know than not know. if your beliefs, even if they incorrect are kept mostly to yourself, then fine that's your deal but as soon as they start having any impact on others who may be gullible then we have a problem. now your response may be along the lines well who gets to dictate what is correct and incorrect in those moments? that's a tricky question and currently the only real solution is real historical data and cross examined/peer reviewed science. it's the best we got at the moment so even if you don't want to hear that slavery was a thing that's still impacting society today or that the earth is indeed round then that's unfortunate but those them be the facts.

Marcella1016 31

You said it better than me, no0ne - the issue is that people conflate facts with opinions these days, and make their factually incorrect opinions sound like some sort of legitimate gray area. It’s incredibly dangerous for an overall society. But perfect for those who want to weaponize ignorance.

And your side is the only right side? Always?

"Obviously the wrong point of view." That's pretty righteous of you, how is the view from the very high horse you sit on?

One could make an argument for why murder should be legal and be taken seriously; that’s how the world works.

that's life, gotta learn to deal with it unfortunately