Who? Where?

By happybirthday - 06/03/2010 19:42 - United States

Today, my husband bought me a beautiful pair of earrings for my birthday, to match the necklace he'd spent months searching for online the previous year. What necklace? He gave me a watch he found at Walmart last year. I wonder who the lucky girl with the necklace is. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 210
You deserved it 2 784

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Today, my boyfriend gave me a pair of gloves for my birthday even though he had promised to get me earrings to match my necklace. Funny, he had this terrified look on his face and kept looking for something else in the box but he wouldn't say why. FML

tinetine_fml 0

Uhm who cares if he got her something. Her husband buying another girl a necklace is what matters here.

Comments

Mercy,, I always love reading your comments. You rock.

37 she only knew he was searching for months bcuz she saw it online...

janise 2

For those who don't understand this FML: the husband most likely told her about the necklace since she didn't know about it until she received the earrings. Also, he bought the necklace a year ago so it's unlikely she searched for it online. Nobody gets a gift then goes "Oh better look at the browsing history from a year ago in case he also bought a necklace to match!"

I'm going to assume that your husband is an idiot...because if you didn't get the necklace last year, and he's telling you that he got you the earrings because they matched the necklace...chances are that he forgot who he gave the necklace to. Not quite sure if that's logical, considering that I had to reread this FML 25 times.

Maybe your husband may have not been able to find it. And why do we think it's for another woman? Maybe he searched everywhere for it, and didn't find it in time, so he didn't give it to you, planning to give it to you later. And forgot. Or something.

Wow, most of you are thick. The majority of FMLs are fake, but without taking that into retrospect, here's how I see it: 1. He claimed to have bought an expensive necklace last year. 2. He actually gave it to someone else (mistress or other) 3. He forgot he gave it to someone else, and gave her the earrings 4. He told her the earrings were to match the necklace 5. She's pissed because he bought her a watch last year, not a necklace, not because the watch was cheap 6. She thinks he cheated on her 7. He may or may not have cheated, but if he did, he foiled his affair I'm sure she could have worded it better if FML allowed more than 300 characters, but life's shite.

I'm curious as to why you're still with him, if it has been a year since it happened....or why you didn't ask him about it last year....

My impression was that she didn't find out about the mysterious necklace until today, when he gave her the matching earrings.

gaga_ooh_lala 0

i just wanted to say that u have a really cute dog ^^

gaga_ooh_lala 0

i hate how all guys suddenly get on the defense about this. the guy is obviously cheating on her ugh i swear guys need to learn when to stop :-