Who else can relate?

By waternixie - 08/10/2014 03:49 - Malaysia - Rembau

Today, my OCD reached a new high when I used a correction pen to white-out an eyelash which was photocopied onto every single page of my reading material. I did it because the eyelash was too distracting and I couldn't finish reading the article without the urge to rip it into shreds. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 198
You deserved it 5 353

Same thing different taste

Top comments

WallyQ 18

OCD is the worst, I feel like the white out would look worse on a photo copied page though...

Comments

No, it isn't. OCPD is completely different to OCD. The main point, OCPD suffers don't think what they are doing is irrational, they could explain to you exactly why doing their ritual is justified, and they often even gain pleasure from their rituals. OCD on the other hand causes great distress, disrupts their life on a day to day basis and they know what they do isn't rational and want to stop but can't. OP clearly did not gain any pleasure from what they did, and were actually distressed by it, and knew it was an irrational thing to do but had to do it anyway, so it is definitely not OCPD.

"you don't have OCD" - everyone who doesn't understand that OCD can come in many forms and doesn't affect everyone the same way.

Unfortunately, this is a classic OCD reaction to a pedantic annoyance. OP was FORCED to reacted by her own urges simply because she could not ignore them. This is OCD at it's core. So yes, OP has OCD. We diagnose tons of people with ADHD that don't have it, yet we tell those that have OCD that they don't simply because the disorder isn't understood.

KatyLarae 13

I bet the white out made it look worse though huh?

darlingdollie 24

I unfortunately know how you feel op. Sorry :(

TallMist 32

To everyone saying the OP doesn't have OCD: OCD affects different people in different ways.

Triangle6757 9