By Becca - 29/08/2019 04:00 - United States - Portland

Today, my mother-in-law "borrowed" my dog without asking, to show him off to her friends. My dog is my service animal, and I'm not comfortable leaving the house without him. I have to be at work in an hour, and she's not picking up her phone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 261
You deserved it 434

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow. What a horrible thing to do! Hope you were able to make it to work OP!

Too bad we can't just put an electronic training (ie, "shock") collar on MIL. Smh. Sounds like Hubby's gonna have to "Man Up!" then read Maw the "Riot Act" forwards, backwards, sideways, & upside-down AND strongly follow-through with all stated repercussions.... Good luck, OP! :-)

Comments

Wow. What a horrible thing to do! Hope you were able to make it to work OP!

Too bad we can't just put an electronic training (ie, "shock") collar on MIL. Smh. Sounds like Hubby's gonna have to "Man Up!" then read Maw the "Riot Act" forwards, backwards, sideways, & upside-down AND strongly follow-through with all stated repercussions.... Good luck, OP! :-)

But you can put a GPS collar on the dog and figure out where it is. Maybe someone would have been able to help retrieve the dog. I hope you corrected her with a giant squirt to the face when she got back.

Hopefully you were able to let work know you're going to be late/not be able to show up cause your dog was stolen and you had to deal with that. Heck I would have been tempted to call the cops on her, cause that's not okay. Though you would have been made the bad guy if you did that even tho she was in the wrong. :/

Mungolikecandy 19

Hopefully you got in touch with your husband/wife and told them what had happened and the issues this was causing you. There is need for them to take action as well and your mother in law may listen to them or pick up a call from them.

Call the police. That’s theft. I would beat my family member if one decided to take my service dog.

Major_Haywire 7

I ‘beat my family member’ constantly. Unfortunately chafing has become an issue. ✊🏻💦

Let your SO know what happened, OP, and make it clear to your MIL that what she did was not only rude and disrespectful because of it being your dog she took, but that it in fact potentially endangered you due to the fact that it is your service animal. Also, tell her that while you may let this one go if it happens again, you will call the cops.

ViviMage 38

Don't ever let anyone take that dog away from you! That is like a blind person's walking cane. Far more cute, but you need that animal. Not to mention the working - do not pet vest and I bet she let everyone pet the dog.... Get a Tile and attach to the collar of the dog to work as a poor man's GPS.

Would like to know what you did. I would have first called SO, and told him/her to talk to their mom. If that proved worthless, call the cops, report a dognapping, and charge her for theft.