What are you doing ear?

By JK710 - 23/06/2009 01:13 - United States

Today, I discovered that the hearing in my left ear is still good. I haven't been able to hear that well out of it for 2 weeks and I thought I popped an eardrum and waited for it to heal. I stuck a Q-Tip in there to clean it out. Turns out there was actually a dead fly in my ear. For 2 weeks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 246
You deserved it 11 423

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How would it have gotten in there without you feeling it? Unless you were sleeping o_O still, gross.

OH SHIT! THAT'S ******* NASTY! THAT POOR FLY GOT COVERED IN EAR WAX.

Comments

I understand your perspective, but tell me, how do you get the earwax out then? Because it doesn't clear out on its own, that's for sure... You're obviously not supposed to stick the q-tip in far.

This was supposed to be a reply to post #108

scince220 0

Oh, and by the way, I suggest you go get yourself checked out. With the fly living in your ear for 2 weeks, it could have laid eggs in there, it's been known to happen. But that's just my opinion. If you wouldn't go for an ear infection, why would you go for that reason...

pwnrzero 0

i had the same thing happen to me except the fly was stuck in my ear for a year and a doctor at a clinic took it during one of my routine checkups [this was when i was like 15] he used a metal probe, so at least you didnt have to sit there, with a man poking a metal stick in your ear, hoping he didnt pop you eardrum! FYL

pinkuggs4ever 0

Oh my goddddd!!!! Ewwwww Flies throw up everytime they land. You had a fly in your ear long enough for it to died?!!!!!?!??!!?

Yulia_fml 0

...is it even possible to pop an eardrum?

xmelissaaax0x 0

i dont believe it. if it went in when he was sleeping he would have heard it. very loudly. and he wouldnt be able to get it out with a Q-Tip. they fit just enough in the ear. it wouldnt be able to pull out a dead fly.

Oh my God, that may be the most horrifying thing I've ever heard. Except for that other FML with the cockroach. But still, eeeeeeewwwwww. If that ever happened to me, I'd probably start compulsively wearing earplugs all the time for the rest of my life. Seriously, I can't even get over how gross that is. It's awful on several levels. I'll never sleep again. FYL, most certainly FYL.

Good thing you didnt stick a q tip in there then you would have squished the fly farther in there.