Coming through

By Anonymous - 09/08/2023 18:00

Today, I was cleaning wax out my ears when my wife came barrelling into the bathroom, desperate to pee. The door slammed right into the side of my head and the cotton swab I was using was pushed all the way in and ruptured my eardrum. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 052
You deserved it 164

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That sucks and it could have been prevented in a number of ways.

"Shut up brain or I'll stab you with a Q-Tip!" is not supposed to be life advice, friend.

Comments

That sucks and it could have been prevented in a number of ways.

This is why we don't stick things in our ears. Also, cotton buds/q-tips can leave cotton fiber's in the ear canal and cause ear and actual brain infections. The other reason not to use cotton buds. The silicone ear cleaners are much safer and better for the environment.

"Shut up brain or I'll stab you with a Q-Tip!" is not supposed to be life advice, friend.

And this is one of the reasons it’s not a good idea to marry a child… Adults don’t wait until their bladder is about to burst and then run desperately to the bathroom… But seriously, sometimes shit happens. I would definitely say it was the wife’s fault, but obviously this was an accident - Just a really stupid and unnecessary one.

damn i feel for you, you're screwed. that same thing happened to someone i know and agree had permanent hearing loss in that ear. I just hope it ends better for you.

n3rdn3ss 8

Or you know, lock the door?

YDI for using cotton swabs in your ears. Their packaging specifically says not to use them for that purpose for the very thing that happened to you (minus the rushing wife).