Well played

By Hank-T4 - 11/10/2015 11:45 - Australia - Truganina

Today, while looking through my son's browser history, I found a Google search for "stop looking in my history u nosey cunt". I swore last week that I don't invade his privacy, so I can't even punish him for the bad language without looking like a lying bastard. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 175
You deserved it 47 007

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Completely deserved it. Let him have his privacy. He's growing up. YDI.

Overly strict and invading parents make for amazing sneaks and great liars.

Comments

izntdan 14

It's fine to be strict if that's what you thinks right. But lying about it is where you are going wrong. How can you expect your kids to be honest if you can't be honest with them

Asinger06 1

You are the parent. Your child did wrong. Own up to the fact you lied. Let him know he did wrong too. Make this all a teaching moment. Both parties need to take ownership and move forward. And let them know that as a result you will be monitoring things more, as again, YOU ARE THE PARENT!

tanya8925 9

Actually as his parent you are free do as you please. You are the adult and not calling him out for bad language etc is allowing him to behave however he wants because your worried about looking like a "bastard" and we wonder why there are so,many assh@le kids in the world

1. OP's son might also be an adult. 2. Just because someone swears doesn't mean they're an asshole 3. OP's not worried about looking like a bastard. More worried about looking like a liar. Just saying...

Most asshole kids come from the type of parents you so idolize, actually.

Sorry OP but you totally deserved it. I hope you weren't looking for sympathy :/

I love how everyone is saying that OP deserves it when he is a parent, and unless the son moves out then the parent is entitled to snoop.

Apparently, parents are now immune to criticism.

Congratulations. You've played yourself.

dont b a nosy **** n u wont get called out on it. ps u r a lying bastard lmdao

thunderniron 22

Like a lot of people on here I sayYDI. Unlike a lot of people on here it's not because you're "a snooping parent", but because you need to be a parent. That means, yes I looked at your browser history, I'm your PARENT!!! It's not my job to be your "buddy". My kids (3) didn't like a lot of the things I did, but they grew up knowing I cared about what they were doing and who they were growing up to be. And guess what? They're not perfect, but they're also not serial killers, drug addicts, my daughters pictures aren't public info across the web. They're all strong, capable adults with jobs, houses, families, homes and no criminal records. They also today come to me thankful that I'm part of their lives and trust me with my grandkids because they know I'm not a wimpy azz person.