Vicious circle

By Anonymous - 15/08/2021 10:01

Today, I have a permanent illness. Whenever I'm too unwell to manage the housework or children, my hubby does even less than usual. As soon as I'm well enough, I have a mountain of work to do, which makes me sick again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 130
You deserved it 121

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It sounds like the main "permanent illness" you have is your husband. Fortunately, there's a cure for that.

TomeDr 24

Give him an ultimatum: he either steps up to the plate and helps with the chores or he hires a cleaning service. As long as it gets done.

Comments

It sounds like the main "permanent illness" you have is your husband. Fortunately, there's a cure for that.

TomeDr 24

Give him an ultimatum: he either steps up to the plate and helps with the chores or he hires a cleaning service. As long as it gets done.

Make your kids do chores and tell your lazy ass husband to do more work or hire a maid. Not being able to delegate is a curable disease.

I bet the permanent illness keeps you from working also. Exactly how many hours is he working to keep you comfortable?

Sonotsuave 35

This is an ignorant comment. Whether he’s working more or she is, what does that have to do with division of labor? Both partners should help out equally. Or are you the type that expects his wife to fawn him feeding him grapes?

Oh yes, spending 40, 50, 60 hours or more at a job means nothing when dividing household chores up with someone that stays home all day or has a part time job. If she's too sick to clean the house you can guarantee she isn't doing any outside chores. So in your mind, working 40-60 hours a week, doing the outside chores by oneself still equates to him needing to do half of the inside chores (not including repairs). You're delusional and good luck finding a sap that agrees to that headache.