UXB alert!

By Uncle Victim - 09/10/2023 22:00

Today, my three idiot nephews dug up a vintage bomb while "digging a hole to China." I told them not to touch it, and went in to call the police. As I did so, they took it to a pawn shop to sell as an antique. The pawn shop called the cops on them, and the cops are now on to me as they're crying, saying selling it was my idea. FML
I agree, your life sucks 866
You deserved it 89

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should have the call to the police in your call history to show your intentions.

whatshername?! 39

Sounds like you are Uncle Donald and your Nephews are called Tick, Trick and Track (or whatever is the version in your country).

Comments

whatshername?! 39

Sounds like you are Uncle Donald and your Nephews are called Tick, Trick and Track (or whatever is the version in your country).

You should have the call to the police in your call history to show your intentions.

Samson 1

You’re lying. In the time it took you to walk into the house to make a phone call, your nephews (children?) managed to get this item to a pawn shop and get in trouble? Even if the pawn shop was literally next to your house this wouldn’t have happened

To be fair (and balanced) this FML was really rewritten (by me) because it seemed to be coming from someone with English as a second language, so I might have missed the nuances with regards to chronology. I'm not sure it all happened "today", it seems more like something that took place over a few days. I could be wrong though!

I'm hoping you did report it so then you have proof you didn't want to sell it and was doing the right thing. As for your nephews, they tried to drop you in trouble for their doing wrong, not good family. Tell them off massively then drop them to the kerb and ignore them for a while to get the message across. No presents. No texts. No calls. No nothing. They've treated you terribly and need to understand the consequences.

Do you mean an actual weapon or a DVD of "Waterworld," "Gigli" or "Freddie Got Fingered?"

HouseOfM 8

how long did it take you to call the cops they were able to get to a pawn shop? no cell phone to call right away?

Go no contact from your nephews. They sound like utter sociopaths.