Assholes, assholes everywhere

By badmombadkids - 24/05/2020 02:00

Today, my nephews decided to play with and break the antique hourglass I bought for my mom. It took months to find and cost nearly $500. When I told my sister, she refused to repay me and responded with, "What do you expect, they’re just little boys!" Her "little boys" are 12 and 14. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 546
You deserved it 176

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Boyufd 24

never invite her over or watch her sons ever again

tounces7 27

Her excusing their behavior is why they act the way they do. The rotten apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Expect to see them behind bars when they get older, they clearly are being taught they can do whatever they want without consequences.

Comments

Sady_Ct 37

Those kids need an arse kicking

Boyufd 24

never invite her over or watch her sons ever again

leximichelle 13

It’s still property damage regardless. You could take her to small claims court if it matters enough to you. Also, if her kids are that old and still doing ridiculous things like that, it’s faulty parenting. You should distance yourself from them all; it’ll only get worse from here.

tounces7 27

Her excusing their behavior is why they act the way they do. The rotten apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Expect to see them behind bars when they get older, they clearly are being taught they can do whatever they want without consequences.

Why did you have it out where they could get to it?

Because who doesn't expect a 12 and 14 year old to know better?

I agree that they are old enough to know better, but you bought it for your mother, your sister should reimburse her not you.

If it hasn’t been given to the mother yet, it’s still the OP’s item. The sister owes the OP, not the mother.

Jillian Cosby-Kelly 15

the mother recieved it as a gift, she did not pay for it. it should be replaced for the mother either way, but if the item needs to be bought again the person who originally purchased it should be the one to do so, just not out of their own pocket.

I despise parents like your sister. They don't properly raise kids and they end up like this. I can only imagine how bad they'll be when they're legal adults.

James_Bond1962 2

TIME to get mad at the nephews.

carey33 15

My husband’s nephews broke his switch controller and all we got was, well you should’ve known better shouldn’t have let them play with it. They are 7 and 9 and their parents bought them their own switch a month later..

Jillian Cosby-Kelly 15

If she won't discipline then in your house, you either remove them or discipline them. Their mom should reimburse you and be more aware of her teenage sons.