Unmotivational speaker

By Shivvy - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - United Kingdom

Today, I came downstairs disappointed thinking that my parents had forgotten my birthday. Turns out they didn't forget, they just couldn't be bothered to do anything for it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 849
You deserved it 3 254

Comments

do you do much for them? maybe it is reciprocation....

Oh and also... I assume you're referring to the Red "Power Ranger" with your user name.... and if so... I agree! Although he wasn't my FAVORITE ranger, (that title belongs to the GREEN [and later WHITE] ranger!!!) I used to LOVE the Power Rangers television show (at least the ORIGINAL show... The later revisions of the show SUCKED BALLS!) I ALMOST wish it were still on the air!

murseterin 0

Last year I got a dollar for my birthday, from. FRIEND. Get over it. Haven't had a birthday in 8 years, I'm 16.

This has happened to a lot of people, actually. It happened to me on my 21st. My parents didn't get me any presents and my dad nearly forgot that it was my birthday.

amh721 0

So what? I know a lot of people who don't celebrate their birthdays. It's not like you accomplished anything. People shouldn't have to stop their entire day just because you act like a 5 year old about wanting attention on your birthday. Next time, plan yourself a party or dinner with friends and quit expecting your parents to treat you like a princess. This is not a huge deal at all, my parents haven't celebrated my birthdays since I was a kid and I like it that way, we're all adults. Grow up.

How old are you? If you're under 17 then aww that sucks. But if you're over 18, shut up and grow up.

my parents did the exact same thing , right after they dragged me across the world to " fulfill thier dreams" . I was in a new continent altogether , stuk with my asshole parents and thousands of miles away from my amazing boyfriend n my amazing best friends and friends . they thought I was a bad daughter for nt beein thankful to them for feeding me and giving me a roof . they were mad because I was upset. I left home the next year and have not seen them since . iluv my life now!!!