Unexpected

By kalazoo21 - 25/08/2009 12:54 - United States

Today, I quit my job that my girlfriend and I worked together at. Fellow employees are not allowed to date one another and I said it would be ok if I was the one to leave. When I got home to her and told her that I quit, she decided to break up with me. I now have no job and no girlfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 220
You deserved it 12 789

Same thing different taste

Top comments

if she broke up with you because you sacrificed your job so she wouldn't get in trouble, she obviously wasn't a quality girlfriend to begin with

Giving up a job in this economic climate, YDI.

Comments

fatty_mcfathead 0

You deserve it. Why should she have to supply all the money? You had a piss poor excuse for quitting. Could have just kept the relationship on the DL at work. I think it's good for her because had you not wanting both of you to get fired have been your real reason, you could have talked about it before hand with her, and seen if she was okay with such a large decision. Sorry you got dumped for being lazy. Maybe next time think of a better excuse.

If he lived with his girlfriend, they would have the same address and phone number on file, or if they just moved in together, they would have to notify the employer of the change. (He said "when I got home to her," so I assume they lived together.) The employer WOULD find out. Surely he was planning to find another job.

You are stupid for trying to leave your job for a girl. Never trust girls that much!!!

If she broke up with you over it, it means you guys didn't even talk it through. You don't make decisions like that without talking about it. I voted both YDI and FYL.

SynysterNero 20

I understand what you were going for but you should have kept it secret until you found a new job.

Did you really expect this to work in your favor, op?

I never understood rules against co-workers dating. Why are you telling them who to date?

SexyMexi21 23

Well doesn't that go for all jobs?