Trust

By Anonymous - 02/03/2022 12:00

Spicy
Today, I'm so confused. My husband had a vasectomy years ago, yet a bunch of symptoms and five pregnancy tests all say I’m pregnant. I’ve never cheated on him, but if a baby suddenly appears, there’s no way he won’t think I’m a cheater. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 686
You deserved it 197

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It’s called “Recanalization” and it may happen when the vas deferens, usually severed during a vasextomy, grows back to create a new connection, reversing the vasectomy. Tell him that you believe this is what happened, ask him to get a sperm count done, and offer to take a paternity test outright. Wishing you the absolute best of luck.

KristyRoseTakeMeHome 12

I just saw a video from Mama Doctor Jones about this. the other commenters are correct. Have him get a sperm test done to see if his vasectomy is still working.

Comments

It’s called “Recanalization” and it may happen when the vas deferens, usually severed during a vasextomy, grows back to create a new connection, reversing the vasectomy. Tell him that you believe this is what happened, ask him to get a sperm count done, and offer to take a paternity test outright. Wishing you the absolute best of luck.

KristyRoseTakeMeHome 12

I just saw a video from Mama Doctor Jones about this. the other commenters are correct. Have him get a sperm test done to see if his vasectomy is still working.

Either the vasectomy didn’t take or your kid is going to start a new global religion.

A DNA test will certainly determine the child's parentage. You have nothing to worry about unless your husband has an identical twin brother.

I had a child after having a vasectomy years prior. Vasectomies are not 100% effective. Yes I love my child, and even had another afterwords

You can have a DNA test done before the baby is born. I don't know all the details, but I believe it can be done relatively early in the pregnancy. If you want to head off any fights/arguments/suspicions at the pass, when you tell him about the pregnancy, you might also tell him that given his vasectomy, it would be natural for him to have at least some small suspicion about paternity, and you would feel fine having a DNA Paternity test done, and wouldn't feel as if it was some awful sign that he doesn't trust you.

kitten79TX 5

Doing the DNA test pre-birth increases the chances of miscarriage.

Not always. It depends on the test. If you’re testing for paternity based on amniotic fluid then it may increase chances of a miscarriage, but there’s also a way of testing by taking the mother’s blood (called non-invasive dna test in Dutch), which has zero risk of miscarriage.

This is why they tell you to get a check every once in a while. The snip can fail, if it was ever successful in the first place. However, it's also very concerning and you should see the doctor ASAP because certain types of ovarian masses and cancers can cause pregnancy tests to show positive. This is because the conditions generate the same hormones used for testing. No way would I have bought 5 home tests if this happened to me after several years of successful results including confirmation counts.

kitten79TX 5

That's why men are supposed to get that checked every so often. one of my biggest fears is my husband's vasectomy will reverse itself and I'll get pregnant.

taylor_b22 7

The procedure can reverse itself over time, there’s plenty of info on it, agree to a dna test with no argument and have him go get clipped again, there’s also tests he can go through to see before baby is born…if you cannot handle the child consider adoption or abortion,