Triple Dog Dare

By MiserableGradStudent - 11/12/2017 01:30

Today, I was teaching my microbiology lab class as a graduate TA. Some dumbass frat boy dared his friend to drink a tube of E. coli and the idiot did it. Now everything in the lab is contaminated with vomit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 904
You deserved it 361

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Did a bunch of people surround him chanting "CHUG! CHUG! CHUG!"?

So it's true then, frats are full of idiots. Glad I never was one.

Comments

If anyone did this at my school (Benedictine University in IL) they would have gotten expelled not just from the lab but the program too.

onceuponatime456 16

This is complete BS as there is NO WAY a class of any kind is going to have access to E-coli! Try again, you fail!

We had access to e coli in junior high. It is probably _the_ most common microorganism used in lessons in schools all the way through university. You have e coli in your gut right now. Most e coli is benign, and without it, you would not be able to properly digest your food. We hear about dangerous e coli in the news, which gives many people the impression that eserechia coli is a disease.

It was a college class, where they experiment with more dangerous subjects than what’s experiment with in high school.

neuronerd 28

Please tell me what you think you would find in a microbiology lab.

As one who has a degree in bio, E.coli was the thing we worked with most when I took Micro. This FML is too believable.

What exactly would happen to you if you did this? I'm super curiosu

Mooglefox 23

Anyway, this is nothing. At least you didn't have to clean up after salmonella.

GIJoefan 6

And yet, college and university are called “higher education”. Yeah, right.

That might have to do with a different kind of "higher" and "education."

How do people that stupid to get into classes like this in the first place?

The entire Frat should be made to clean up the mess and sterilize all of the equipment. Both the dumbass and the friend who dared him should be expelled (after cleaning the mess).