Trevor

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2017 but it's good stuff - United States - Oklahoma City

Today, my mom asked why my three-year-old son is named Trevor. After I told her it was from my favorite game, GTA V, she hit me over the head with a shoe. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 938
You deserved it 13 408

Top comments

She was just trying to give you an authentic GTA experience but forgot her baseball bat and brass knuckles! Moms are so sweet!

I don't see the true problem. Trevor is a real name, after all. At least you didn't pick a name that's completely fictional. I love video games, but you can only pick so many from different characters.

Comments

You couldn't have just told her that you really like that name, or something? I mean come on.

DamnitSeth 13

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

You just contradicted yourself in one comment

While I love Trevor as a character I don't think I could name someone after him. He's literally batshit insane.

She was just trying to give you an authentic GTA experience but forgot her baseball bat and brass knuckles! Moms are so sweet!

jcash52426 5

Should have said it my favorite **** stars name.

I don't see the true problem. Trevor is a real name, after all. At least you didn't pick a name that's completely fictional. I love video games, but you can only pick so many from different characters.

The name Trevor wasn't the problem. The reason WHY was the problem.

Naming him after a fictional character isn't a bad thing, plenty of people do it.

Connor1623 10

I'm with the dude with poor grammar the names fine but why is the problem, he's your own son and you name him after some stupid video game where the thought for the name for the child you love it's just a video game.

Connor1623 10

Dude with poor grammar is right, names fine reason isn't it's your own son and you name him after some video game? I'd personally hate to be named after a video game

Nah. I'm naming my first kid, boy or girl, Master Chief.

"You should have named him something decent, like Michael or Franklin."

Should've said you named him after Neville Longbottom's Frog from Harry Potter. Probably would have gone over better.

lukcy_basartd 11

So whenever you look at your baby boy, do you see a raging narcissistic meth head?

On the one hand, you totally deserve it. On the other... I am 100% serious about using the names Link, Zelda, and Samus someday. Middle names are totally fair game. :rubs hands deviously:

I actually met someone once who had twin boys named Sora and Riku.

Thats...******* retarded. I can understand naming them with real NORMAL names even if you get inspired from video games or movies or whatever. But those are just...no ?

Sora and Riku are fun... but you know, as soon as they start playing Kingdom Hearts, Riku's probably going to be miffed at mom and dad as soon as they get past the starting world. :P My rule on the matter is, epic, awesome badasses only. (My head-canon Zelda is a magic user who didn't go down easy.) Thinking about 'Crono' for boy name option #2, though I always thought Lucca won the spotlight for that game.

First thing that comes to mind: Son: Dad, why do you always do what mom tells you? Dad: Because I got to choose your name Son: Was it worth it? Dad: Of course it was Goku...

Haha! yeah actually Trev has a playmate down the street named Zelda, I think the mom is seriously considering Link for her next baby if it's a boy.

yeah, Trevor has a friend down the street named Zelda. The mom says that she's just a huge fan of Robin Williams, but I think we all know that she's secretly a huge Zelda fan. Trevor is such an awesome name, though.