Tracked

By bitch - 27/08/2020 08:02 - United Kingdom - London

Today, I noticed that on the calendar in my boyfriend’s apartment, for every week of the months when I have my period are coloured in red and over them, in block capitals, he has written 'BEWARE'. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 172
You deserved it 743

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's actually really funny. Seriously though, it's a good man that pays close enough attention to you to know your cycle.

Comments

Raven_13 7

People use them as a visual reminder. Your calendar on your phone isn't open all the time, but a hanging one at home is always visible when you enter the room. Visual reminders are much more reliable for upcoming dates than a reminder that's swiped away on your phone. :)

I mean, as a woman I use one for tracking mine, why shouldn't a BF/husband do the same if he wants? Also lets them know I will be more emotional leading up to and during that time! 😂

That's actually really funny. Seriously though, it's a good man that pays close enough attention to you to know your cycle.

Mathalamus 24

I don't see anything wrong, if you were such a bitch on your periods that he had to do that.

I'd think this is sweet in a backhanded compliment kind of way. He's aware of your cycle, and just is more careful around that time. My periods were horrible and my mood swings were too, talk to your doctor to see what they recommend to help alleviate the symptoms.

xxlk4xx 6

I would absolutely laugh my ass off lol

Win 9

While I understand hormones can affect our mood, I have to disagree that it is always the case. I don’t have those experiences personally. When you stop to monitor, you’ll notice your mood will be “off” on random weeks as well. It isn’t all just “period”. I feel that things are too often blamed on periods, and sometimes undermine a real reaction. I’ve seen a lot of men “overreact” weekly, but there’s no “period” ofc. Let’s not blame periods so much, or use them as “oh you’re just on your period” sort of minimizing. I think it depends from person to person though - some may actually be severely effected. So I am not saying it cannot happen. Perhaps in your case, it is a thing OP. Although the placebo effect of “oh I’m supposed to be bitchy this week” can also affect one’s mood and behaviour.