TOO SOON

By tipsyone - This FML is from back in 2017 but it's good stuff - Sweden - Malmö

Today, at work, my crazy Christmas enthusiast colleague started decorating her office. I had to listen to Christmas songs for hours, but when I complained to others, they said I was just a mood-killer. I’m the only one whose office is close to hers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 597
You deserved it 975

tipsyone tells us more.

OP here: this is not the first time she’s done this! I’ve talked about this two years ago and how I find it incredibly boring to listen to the same songs three months!! Of course the others don’t mind since they’re afraid of conflicts plus I’m the one with the office very close to hers!

Top comments

At least you can go home at the end of the day and have a silent night, holy night. All is calm, all is bright.

Come on. There's only one rational and adult way to remedy the situation. Escalate. Maybe you find that premature Christmas carols gives you a sudden hankering for really loud rap music? Something to consider, no?

Comments

It doesn't matter whether it is Christmas or any other kind of music. It is disruptive to you. Work is for work, not for hosting your own personal radio station. Most people seem to like music when they work. Their music, not other people's music. That's what headphones are for. She should buy some and use them. Most offives i work in jave a rule that you are welcome to listen to whatever you want, as long as you wear headphones so as not to bother people. You would be right to ask that of her, and if she doesn't cooperate, hr or her boss.

If no one agrees with you then your the problem.