By AntSimo - 19/05/2009 07:46 - South Africa

Today, whilst presenting a report to the head of my college, I was arrested by a police officer for assault. I was in a bar the night before and accidentally bumped into a local tough guy on the way to the toilet. I got punched in the face. The witnesses got our names mixed up. That'll look great on my CV. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 649
You deserved it 2 967

Same thing different taste

Top comments

A CV is short for curriculum vitae or more commonly known as a résumé.

notmuch 0

Wait what? Who pressed the charges if not you?

Comments

Twins_Rock27 0

wtf why couldent you say you where the wrong guy i am shure they have a picture of him!!! du if you didnt know that your an idot!!!

pantalones 0

A CV is not the same as a resume. Resumes should generally be 1 page. CV's are unlimited amount of pages documenting in detail all your work, research, and presentations.

waxstigmata 0

the whole situation does kind of suck hard, not your fault it will clear up i'm sure.

CapriceClassic 0

Seriously? It's a ****, get over it.

11 - I've been to many bars many times and have never gotten punched in the face or assaulted in any way. He just so happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time with a guy who had a stick up his ass. That could've happened anywhere. You need to get out more ...

@11: Really? Going out for one or two beers early in the evening is irresponsible? Note that the OP didn't mention how many drinks he had, when he had gone out, or how long he had been at the bar before all this drama. @ all of you dingleberries who don't know wtf you're talking about re: a CV: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curriculum_vitae#Curriculum_Vitae A CV is not just a British thing and is used in the US (teaching is one field I know of that uses them...maybe the wiki goes more into it). According to the wiki - which is what I thought - a CV is far more in-depth and includes info like awards, as well as every job you have ever held. Resumes traditionally only go back 3 jobs or 5 years (possibly 10), depending on which is shorter, and are only supposed to highlight things like your educational level, your core responsibilities at past jobs, and any special skills that would be beneficial to the field you're applying. Jesus, Google and Wiki aren't that hard to operate. If all of you whiners had taken a few seconds, you would have known wtf a CV was. OP: that sucks, dude, but it should be no problem to get it straightened out.

vag_fml 0

if you know what a cv even is, you'd know that something like this ISN'T on it. douche.

proud_liberal 0

Why were you in a bar? You must be an alcoholic. Please get help before you hurt the ones you love!!!

This is no problem. He just mixed up names, its an easy fix.