By Rage - 08/10/2009 17:31 - United States

Today, while working on my girlfriend of three years' computer I found a file called 'My future wedding'. I assumed it was very old and decided to look through it. Of the list of 5 potential grooms I was not one of them. This didn't bother me until I saw that it had last been edited two days ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 914
You deserved it 4 477

Same thing different taste

Top comments

OMG dump her!!!! That proves she doesnt care about you.!!!

Of course there's a good explanation - she's sleeping around. With 5 other guys. She'll probably marry the one who has the most money. You should dump her now while you're ahead.

Comments

bbygirlStL 0

Number 27, maybe I'm just stupid but I did not understand your comment whatsoever. That being said, 3 years is a lot of time to waste on a chick that's not that into you, and clearly she is not. I say dump her ass, don't cheat on her though. Her karma is coming, you don't need to create any for yourself. Just move on and learn from this. She probably wasn't "using you for your computer skills" either, though. I don't know ANY girl who would spend 3 years with a guy to have him fix her computer, and I know a lot of ****** up girls. They are clearly not celebrities or he wouldn't be freaking out this bad. Girls like to dream, but I seriouly doubt any girl is going to plan out a detailed wedding on her computer about Johnny Depp or Ashton Kutcher. Most girls do have a sense of reality. She's just stupid, both for leaving that file on her computer knowing that you would be fixing it and for stringing you along for whatever reason. Nonetheless, it's your relationship, your life, your call. Let's just hope you're smart enough to know this relationship is probably not going anywhere. Just pray she isn't a psycho and doesn't like kill your dog or something. Good luck.

(1) Are you getting quality sex on a regular basis? Keep her but look around for your next girlfriend. (2) Is sex a fond, distant memory? Dump her ass immediately and ask out that friend/colleague you've had your eye on! (3) Ask her WTF the list was all about. Then dump her ass.

ihatestupidppl 0

Yeah, I'd be really concerned if I were you. Not only because you're not on the list, but because her wedding list includes multiple possible grooms. This leads me to believe that she's not particularly interested in the actual "love" aspect of a marriage. (And no, I will not even entertain the idea of loving 5 different people at the same time, all intensely enough to want to marry them.)

That is...creepy. My advice? Run like hell. And don't look back, you might see something unpleasant. Or be turned into stone. Maybe. Godspeed.

Ultimate_Cynic 0

The worst part is that if she finds out, she'll use it to accuse you of not respecting her privacy, which is "just an indicator of a bigger problem," which she'll use as an excuse to break up with you and validate her ego by making it completely your fault. Women. You can't live with' em, and.....er.....I forget how the rest of that goes. Either way, the bitch seems like a control freak. I would kick her ass to the curb and never look back, but that's just me.

I don't know the hole situation obviously, however she might have just opened it to be nosalgic (sorry can't spell) and it could have said it was modified then. Sometimes I just open things and it counts as modified, or she might have just added a word or something, mabye just having some fun and goofing around, don't make a rash decison.

FYL for having such a girlfriend. YDI for looking through my private stuff.

for all those saying YDI for snooping, maybe you shouldnt create fantasy weddings with a list of grooms that doesnt include ur bf and save them on a computer. Unless it was a whole indepth writeup that was organized. weird either way

13929jje 0

If the five grooms are celebrities (models/actors/musicians) I wouldn't worry too much, it's not unheard of for some women to keep scrapbooks, or in this case a computer file, of ideas for their 'ideal/fantasy future wedding' ...usually a bit of harmless fun they may do with their girlfriends or whatever...and yes rather...creepy at times. O_o Also as #48 said she may off made the file ages ago and only opened again a few days ago, some files come up as modified if they've been opened. Well, I hope its all the above..just harmless fun, if not.. :(