By booksandshadows - 04/03/2014 09:06 - United States - San Diego

Today, while walking through Wal-Mart I noticed a cute employee. With a sudden burst of confidence, I walked right up to him, intending to ask for his number. Instead, I looked him in the eye and said, "Excuse me sir, how much do you know about bedsheets?" and then ran. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 669
You deserved it 12 649

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Nickb55 16

Even in the heat of the moment how did you manage to say that?

Well did he take you to the bedsheets? ;)

Comments

Or not. OP must have interesting taste if she thinks 'hmm, here's a good looking Walmart employee, let's give him my number.' a) he works at Walmart so WHY, b) is it just me who feels that giving someone you don't know your number a little bid outdated? I mean, I would prefer to know someone before giving them my number - because they could be a complete psychopath.

She said that she was intending to get his number. Not give hers out.

Melodija 19

Also #71 people work in places like Walmart or McDonalds while doing degrees etc not necessarily because they're stupid - his job doesn't define who he is

That's true, although I'd prefer to meet people not at work, cause like you said it's about the person not the job - when you're intending to get someone's number while they're at work you can guarantee the outcome.

valentinov 15

#79: Your social skills are weak. Very weak. And from your comments I've gleaned quite enough in your "charming" personality. Word of advice: when you feel like giving and advice, or promoting your opinions - don't.

Be a little more judgmental, 79. The guy has a job, which is a real feat considering the times. People that see those that work in retail/the service industry/places like Walmart as lesser than others are infuriating. Those jobs aren't the most fun and people take what they do for granted and then judge them for doing it. Grow up.

You're not alone OP! I would totally do something like that.

Lebeaugars95 20

ahh the old bedsheets line, you sly fox you

Nickb55 16

Even in the heat of the moment how did you manage to say that?

shaww 28

So that he would take her to the bed sheets and pick out the one that the worker likes

Then you buy them and tell the employee to check out yours

buttcramp 21

I can relate to OP here.. I've chickened out too! The bright side is OP at least had the courage to approach and speak to him. OP will get it eventually :)

StillUsesMyspace 22

I'm sure the OP just had a bed in mind when thinking about the worker

It was supposed to be a line. She was going to say well... if you're a bed sheet expert maybe you'd like to come look at mine?

Well did he take you to the bedsheets? ;)

Dammit, I was going to say this but it would seem that you beat me to it. lol

He knows enough about bedsheets to be in hers

Somehow I don't think he'll ever be under those bedsheets you're buying.

I wonder what his answer would have been.

"Yes. I personally test every new model of sheets so that I can tell you which one feels sexiest."

My best friend's legendary accidental pick-up line was "What's your favorite kind of bread?"

Wow Barney, you've really lost your touch.

Coeliacchic93 21

gluten free genius bread for me :-D

my friends best line was, "where yo fat friends at?!"