By Sheh - 16/07/2014 15:02 - Sweden

Today, while out grocery shopping with my mother, she asked me to hold a large bag of rice for her. Ten minutes later, I realized I'd been absent-mindedly stroking it the whole time, just like when I pick up my cat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 461
You deserved it 9 355

Sheh_fml tells us more.

The bag of rice didn't have any handle, so I held it kinda resting against my torso, just like when holding my cat. I guess it has just become a habit. Loving all the puns :)

Top comments

Rice needs a loving home too, you know. You're a good person for adopting it from your local grocery store.

Lack of heat, softness, a heartbeat aside, your mistake is understandable OP. Cats do share a number of genes with rice (as do we). I often wonder why my dog does not respond when I call it, and then I laugh when I realise I have been talking to my eggplant. Fun times.

Comments

Slightly similar thing... soon after my son was born, I found myself slowly rocking my trolley back and forth while at the supermarket... even when I didn't have him with me.

ambersayshii123 17

I've done that a million times. I also start rocking/swaying when I hold things a certain way due to my 2yo and 10month baby.

leeloo900 9

Eww are you single by any chance? (not trying to pick up people, i know better)

lol it sounds like something I would do. it took lots of self control not to pet my daughter when she was first born cuz I was so used to holding cats.

Lol my cousin yells at me for doing that to her kids all the time. I do it with Demetri, who is two, cause he has long curls and it calms his hyper butt down. Her daughter Mia is a newborn. I'm sorry, but what else do you do with a newborn baby when you aren't holding it?

Hell the other day at work i was holding a bottle of sauce and i was stroking it like a **** til a co worker pointed it out. Better him than a customer tho(you can see the cut table thru a lil window behind the counter).

Don't worry OP. I'm sure it's not the strangest thing people have seen in a grocery store.

avila_boy22 12

OMG OP, try not to be a foreveralone

wh ere you by any chance shopping at walmart...

Don't worry op, I've done the same with the baby's stroller, rocking it as if to put him to sleep all the while watching him play in the park.

I don't know what's more weird you stroking a bag or you having a cat