By Sheh - 16/07/2014 15:02 - Sweden

Today, while out grocery shopping with my mother, she asked me to hold a large bag of rice for her. Ten minutes later, I realized I'd been absent-mindedly stroking it the whole time, just like when I pick up my cat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 461
You deserved it 9 355

Sheh_fml tells us more.

The bag of rice didn't have any handle, so I held it kinda resting against my torso, just like when holding my cat. I guess it has just become a habit. Loving all the puns :)

Top comments

Rice needs a loving home too, you know. You're a good person for adopting it from your local grocery store.

Lack of heat, softness, a heartbeat aside, your mistake is understandable OP. Cats do share a number of genes with rice (as do we). I often wonder why my dog does not respond when I call it, and then I laugh when I realise I have been talking to my eggplant. Fun times.

Comments

"I stroke it to the east and I stroke it to the west And I stroke it to the woman that I love the best I be strokin'"

TahoeFMler 22

That's one of my favorite "play on a public jukebox" songs! Sorry so many assholes thumbed you down!

The bag of rice didn't have any handle, so I held it kinda resting against my torso, just like when holding my cat. I guess it has just become a habit. Loving all the puns :)

Don't feel bad OP. My youngest child is 16 and I will still absentmindedly rock from side to side while holding my dog or cat as if I were holding a baby.

MzZombicidal 36

Whining about down votes will only result in more down votes, #66...

Don't worry OP, I do the same thing with my Ushanka.

@66, also, it might be because you didn't make an actual pun. Just a really bad joke.

66 - Sometimes people just get downvoted on FML. Simply get on with your life; no need to complain about. It's not like complaining will make the situation better, anyway, as you can see. 71 - Actually, it WAS a pun, just not a particularly good one...

Because that pun was already used (and it got downvoted then) by #18.

66, I think we are entitled to down voting your comment if it sucks. And mean people on the internet? Say it ain't so!

I highly doubt anyone noticed. I have a coon that loves licking my wheelchair, and I often have to swat him away. Yesterday I caught myself swatting at nothing. Pets control us without even trying.

I do that too and i still find it hilarious

I have to admit, this one actually made me laugh.

If people were staring, you should have randomly said 'my precious'.

Let me pick you up and make you happy so I can eat you

Don't feel too bad OP. That's a classic Pavlovs theory of muscle memory. You must of been holding the bag in a similar way you hold your cat. Then your muscle memory kicking in and you started patting the rice. FYL however it's hilarious