By Anonymous - 25/08/2012 15:48 - United Kingdom - Northampton

Today, while on the bus, a small child asked me if I was having a baby, and I replied "Yes." I'm not. I was just too ashamed to admit I was fat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 720
You deserved it 10 729

Same thing different taste

Top comments

JackeeDawn 9

There are only two kinds of real honest people in this world; small children and drunk people.

But isn't that where most people keep their fat? :o

Comments

is it just me, or are children kind of (not trying to be mean) dropping the ball on society? they should know what is right or wrong to ask. but at the same time, to reply with something false is also bad... but if it helps with personal morale, then its justified i guess

I don't think that kid was "dropping the ball on society." It's an often overlooked fact that if kids don't ask, they don't learn. They aren't adults that can get the message from observing. They haven't been alive long enough to observe! This child was probably in the midst of learning that babies grow in their mothers, and if he sees a woman with a stomach, he wants to know whether there really is a baby in there! Actually, if OP had told him she wasn't pregnant, and his mother became cross with him, the boy would have started to learn that he can't just walk around and ask those questions! Kids don't know what they haven't been taught, and if OP would have told the truth, he would have started to figure it out. I have triplet little brothers, and my mom is a child developmental specialist.

Oh good Lord. TRIPLETS? I'm sorry. I love my baby sister to death but I had a hard enough time dealing with her when she was young. I can't imagine having three of her running around, haha. I don't think the world could handle it either.

Oh haha they are a handful but I wouldn't trade them for anything. Joey, Zach, and Hunter are 3 and I'm loving them!

Well, fortunately you can fix that! Go to the gym, go on a diet, it's really not as bad as it sounds!

And don't forget that the word "diet" is largely misused. It's not supposed to be temporary, but a permanent change.

Who cares? Children pop things out of their tiny mouths. Don't mind it, its personality that counts.

What punishment? Last I read the only thing they did was write half hearted apology notes (too cowardly to say it to her face it seems)

Turtle_rebellion 10

There are 4 possible things to do when you are obese. Accept it, do something about it, deny it, or bitch about it. Unfortunately, most people do the last two. You should try to go to the gym, OP.

DieharDirk41 2

Tell her it's her dads baby, haha only if the mom isn't around! XD

xxjenn27xx 8

Your still beautiful dont think any different!

Dodge4x4Ram 46

I'd say something mean but people can't swallow the truth

Kids often ask these kind of questions. It may be embarrassing at times, but they just try to learn. I just hate it when people who are teenagers or past that, asking strangers if they're pregnant. Anyway, if the question really bothers you this much, maybe you should start working out.