By jewelthewat - 19/09/2014 12:52 - Netherlands - Driebergen

Today, while on the bus, a friendly-looking guy smiled at me, so I smiled back. He then pointed at my teeth and said, "You gonna get those fixed, or just keep them as a conversation starter?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 501
You deserved it 4 149

jewelthewat tells us more.

I was on a holiday to see my long distance boyfriend in the UK. We took a bus to go see a movie that evening, but a bunch of school kids had to take the bus too. Apparently this guy knew my boyfriend from when they both still attended the same high school and he thought he was funny. We had a really weird conversation, this guy and me, but apart from weird and a little rude, he was also quite friendly and funny. The remark about my teeth was a joke too. About my teeth, my upper jaw is a little too small so my canines are "on top" of my other teeth. It looks REALLY cool, but yeah, it's quite visible (especially when I smile, I look like a vampire). Thanks for all your comments guys, you're really sweet!

Top comments

I never understood why people feel the need to be rude to complete strangers...I'm so sorry OP I'm sure you're beautiful. I can sure as hell guarantee you're more beautiful on the inside than that guy, anyway.

Comments

Sweet_Visions 13

Wow .__. Sorry OP at least they get peoples attention right?

Actually just from the comments and the number if likes #2 has, someone who does like jerks would be classified as unique.

Well 2... unfortunately, you have one. Fortunately, you usually sit on it, not stand

I never understood why people feel the need to be rude to complete strangers...I'm so sorry OP I'm sure you're beautiful. I can sure as hell guarantee you're more beautiful on the inside than that guy, anyway.

Really? Because op couldn't possibly be a terrible person because she has bad teeth? Makes total sense, that correlation..

I was saying the stranger was being a complete assface for no reason and OP is proobably a better person than someone to do something like that. Has nothing to do with her teeth...

Well they are a conversation starter! Hurrah OP! Never be without conversation again!

Yeah, because everyone loves to start conversations based on their insecurities, right?

I wouldn't be insecure if I had ****** up teeth. In this day and age, stuff like that can almost always be fixed, so why not? I'd rock that shit and be unique if I couldn't fix it though :D

It is possible to get teeth fixed but it can be very expensive. You don't know if OP can afford it or if she even wants to, so don't comment based on your assumptions.

I replied with "well it seems to work, so I guess I'll keep them" ^^

One of my teeth is sitting more forward than others, but i don't really care, It doesn't hurt so I'm fine with it!

audreyfml1994 15

Don't trust a stranger's opinion, OP. I'm sure they look just fine.

"Don't judge a book by its cover" Even the friendliest looking people can be complete assholes.

And vice versa. That was simply one single statement from that stranger as well. He could be a very nice guy. I've seen very nice people do very rude things. Could be situational bla bla bla. We have no right to judge either OP or the stranger.

Well that guy's a dick. And how are teeth a conversation starter? Either way don't take his comment to heart. Everyone is beautiful!

Nah, for examole that guy. He is awful, atleast considering his behaviour.

Punch him in the face so his teeth are ****** up too :p

"You can get a lot more with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word" - Al Capone

So you would rather follow a criminals words than someone such as Ghandi or MLK Jr.?

23lf 16

"You gonna get that slap mark removed? Or use it as a conversation starter?