By jewelthewat - 19/09/2014 12:52 - Netherlands - Driebergen

Today, while on the bus, a friendly-looking guy smiled at me, so I smiled back. He then pointed at my teeth and said, "You gonna get those fixed, or just keep them as a conversation starter?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 501
You deserved it 4 149

jewelthewat tells us more.

I was on a holiday to see my long distance boyfriend in the UK. We took a bus to go see a movie that evening, but a bunch of school kids had to take the bus too. Apparently this guy knew my boyfriend from when they both still attended the same high school and he thought he was funny. We had a really weird conversation, this guy and me, but apart from weird and a little rude, he was also quite friendly and funny. The remark about my teeth was a joke too. About my teeth, my upper jaw is a little too small so my canines are "on top" of my other teeth. It looks REALLY cool, but yeah, it's quite visible (especially when I smile, I look like a vampire). Thanks for all your comments guys, you're really sweet!

Top comments

I never understood why people feel the need to be rude to complete strangers...I'm so sorry OP I'm sure you're beautiful. I can sure as hell guarantee you're more beautiful on the inside than that guy, anyway.

Comments

I have never met a rude stranger and I hope I don't. Don't worry OP people in general are assholes. I an sure you have a beautiful smile.

Jewel was beautiful, and her teeth actually somehow made her seem more charming. Sometimes, it's our imperfections that set us apart and make us uniquely attractive. I say, if you're comfortable, strut that smile.

I know EXACTLY how that feels OP! I was bullied in Primary (Elementary) school and sometimes I'm still picked on by random strangers for having "buck teeth" or "rabbit teeth" and other names I don't like because I have an overbite and my two top front teeth are more prominent than the rest...I hope you don't get too disheartened from talking to guys in future, he seems like an absolute asshat!

Now that is rude? I hope you pointed at his face and said. Are you gonna get that fixed or you gonna keep they as a conversation starter?

I heard that one constantly before too but wether you get braces or not that was beyond uncalled for. Hopefully he'll say something similar to someone who'll proceed to break his teeth after.

I was on a holiday to see my long distance boyfriend in the UK. We took a bus to go see a movie that evening, but a bunch of school kids had to take the bus too. Apparently this guy knew my boyfriend from when they both still attended the same high school and he thought he was funny. We had a really weird conversation, this guy and me, but apart from weird and a little rude, he was also quite friendly and funny. The remark about my teeth was a joke too. About my teeth, my upper jaw is a little too small so my canines are "on top" of my other teeth. It looks REALLY cool, but yeah, it's quite visible (especially when I smile, I look like a vampire). Thanks for all your comments guys, you're really sweet!

Good for you for liking them! My teeth used to be like that and I wouldn't smile if it showed my teeth for the longest time. But 2 missing teeth and a couple year of braces and their gone. Was told to keep them since vampires were so popular then

I have the same type of cool vampire teeth as you do. Always be confident no matter how many rude comments you get.

You know, the initial FML made it sound embarrassing but if anything the followup made it sound attractive lol. At any rate, hope you had fun ^^

Really don't worry about it. "English people" have a dark sense of humour. Which is funny if you have the same humour. Also, they are brutally honest. But you also tend to meet some of the nicest and most awesome people there.

I have the same thing going on with my teeth. I visited a dentist once (who apparently is a goth) and remarked how "beautiful" they looked. I was speechless. Lol.

orsombre_fml 11

"I keep them because they are awesome when I feel like devouring some human flesh."