By 2young4birds&bees - 24/10/2016 15:53

Today, while changing my tampon in a public restroom, a toddler crawled under the door of my stall and asked what I was doing. I had to wait until I'd finished to open the door and let her out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 781
You deserved it 724

Same thing different taste

Top comments

nonsensical 26

I can't stand it when parents don't supervise their children.

"I'm changing my battery. These ones only last about a month before they start rusting—see the red? You're a young one and are still running of the kinetic energy built up over nine months of gestation. Listen, if something goes wrong and I malfunction, please contact my developer and recite whatever error code I give."

Comments

nonsensical 26

I can't stand it when parents don't supervise their children.

Or when parents take their kids out in public and let them wail and cry, ignoring them completely.

cheshireau 26

Or run around in front of people walking in the shopping centre, you almost trip over them and you get no sorry but a filthy stare instead.

sometimes they do supervise and accidents happen. imagine being in the next stall over doing the same thing and your child slips out into the next one within 5 seconds.

Show the kid some the bleed and ask for an ambulance.

"I'm changing my battery. These ones only last about a month before they start rusting—see the red? You're a young one and are still running of the kinetic energy built up over nine months of gestation. Listen, if something goes wrong and I malfunction, please contact my developer and recite whatever error code I give."

xChaos 29

if you're implying that the kid should be punished you're out of your mind the kid's parents should've been watching her more closely

who lets their child crawl around on the floor of a public bathroom

In the parent's defense, the mom could be on the other side of the door with her pants half down trying to grab the kid. It's hard to pee on a public restroom with a toddler. They're quick and your pants are down. I've had to jump up, pants down, and grab a toddler before she went under the stall door. Hopefully that's the case and it's not just an inattentive parent.

cheshireau 26

I can't speak for the rest of the world but in the Parent rooms in Australia, they have 1 toilet with a closed and locked door. Full door. Very handy in these type of situations.

I'm in Australia to, and some places don't have parent rooms and some parent rooms have stalls .....

Redgy22 26

There are leashes for kids. Some get offended by them, its really for the kid's safety.

I have had similar things happen to me, my automatic reaction is to kick a face coming under the door. Thankfully I pulled the kick so I didn't get the kid.

bloodtalon 6

That you have a reflex reaction to faces coming under bathroom stall doors is probably the most concerning thing here.

I get that kids need to have their immune systems stimulated for better health later in life, but what sort of mom lets her kid crawl around on the floor of a public restroom? That's nasty!

they probably don't "let" them. they probably also using the toilet and the child crawled across. sometimes hard to stop.

Why can't public restrooms just have the stalls extend to the floor and they put free/vacant labels on the locks?