By Lucy - 06/03/2010 22:44 - United States

Today, water turned to wine. That is, my brother put wine in my hamster's water bottle. Very bad idea. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 987
You deserved it 2 592

Same thing different taste

Top comments

BrownSugar_fml 5

Hehe that must have been one happy hamster.

perdix 29

Bad idea! Hell, yeah, that's a bad idea! Your drunk hamster will start to do The Hamster Dance and that annoying song will come on. It will get stuck in your head for weeks until it slowly releases its grip on your brain. . . and then it plays again and the torture starts anew!

Comments

perdix 29

Bad idea! Hell, yeah, that's a bad idea! Your drunk hamster will start to do The Hamster Dance and that annoying song will come on. It will get stuck in your head for weeks until it slowly releases its grip on your brain. . . and then it plays again and the torture starts anew!

detskul 0

haha! lol ya he'll do the Hamster Dance! lol

A pox on you for bringing it up, now it is stuck. Stuck and it won't come out. Now I have to go listen to Barry Manilow to kill it but that will be stuck. Curses,

perdix 29

I probably shouldn't mention Kylie Minogue, but oops, I just did. Her little ditty, "Can't Get You Out of My Head" is a very effective scrubber for any other song. The downside is that one gets stuck in your head.

wow you're picking on a complete stranger just because of their profile picture?

What, are you stupid or something? For God's sake, you think it's FUNNY. That poor hamster! Wine (any drink with alchohol in it, actually) is DEADLY to hamsters. DEADLY. The hamster is DEAD, and all you can do is laugh about it? Shame on you! How would you like your dog or cat to eat something that's poisonous to it, and die?! You'd be upset! And don't feed me this shit that "I don't have a dog/cat, so I don't care," because I know you'd be devastated if that happened to ANYONE you were close to!!!! :'(

It's a freakin' hamster. I think it'll be alright. Unless it's dead of course...

Good point... My cat DID have a little sip of wine once, but...

That was my first thought as well 21. It's a ******* HAMSTER you twit. And so you know #19, rodents can absorb as much alcohol into their systems as people. MANswers hooooo!

mandar730 0

Firstly, unless the hamster was drinking a whole bottle of wine, it was probably ok after a few hours. Alcohol is not poisonous to hamsters; they have a super-high tolerance for it and metabolize it quickly . Things like hangover drugs are tested on hamsters, for god's sakes. Secondly, hamsters love booze and will willingly choose water with alcohol in it over plain water. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/09/090901082552.htm. #19 should have spent more time paying attention in biology class and less time composing knee-jerk "think of the children/pets" responses on the internet.

htownlove 0

that's soo true I had a hamster for 2 years and I was really sad when he died :-<

Kiwisselover 0

First off, you guys, that was very rude. That was my sister, and we HAVE had a hamster die from drinking alcohol. Is it any wonder my sister (supreme animal-rights activist) would be upset?

so why did you give it wine if you're so concerned dumbass?

moron, OP wasn't laughing. that's why they posted it to FML.

mattykent3 4

I realize that you would be upset if it was your family pet, but for people who have never met the hamster, the mental image of a drunk hamster is pretty damn funny (even if that wasn't the actual effect of the wine)

kyliebeatriz08 0

poor hamster, yell at the kid!!!!!!

PsychoMerk 0

Aw, I really hope your hamster is ok. I'm not sure how deadly wine is to them (though judging by a post a few up I'd say a bit). Reminds me of when my hamster got high on the medication we had to give it, that was funny!

Did you know that hamsters can out drink a human. It's true. I forgot what university did the research but I know they use hard alcohol. I hope your hamster is ok.

ouchthatsux 0

We're more sober then a hamster... I feel like a pussy :(

tereshay 0

oh Shiet, ur hampster got tipsy?!

Wait, u weren't trying to be sexy?! Damn, I wonder how good u look when u try o_o;

McCannCanTriple 0

I would assume the hamster is dead. How would it take to make hamster drunk though?

Depends how much of a lightweight it is.