By Calimero0o - 03/08/2018 15:00 - Netherlands - Heerhugowaard

Today, the first day in nearly a year that I had completely to myself, I booked a spa day and a massage. Just after I arrived at the spa, the daycare center called. The baby had a fever and needed to be picked up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 468
You deserved it 315

Top comments

You couldn't have called a family member or a babysitter to go pick up the baby?

You’re never going to have a day to yourself when you have a small child. Be a good mom or you won’t get any of their time when they grow up.

Comments

You couldn't have called a family member or a babysitter to go pick up the baby?

If she had a babysitter or family member available, she probably wouldn't have needed to use a daycare center. Since she's had no days off in a year, I imagine she doesn't have a support system nearby.

That's when ya say give her some Tylenol I'm out of town be there in afew hrs and go enjoy yourself children get sick alot and there always okay.

That might've be difficult to swing if she'd just dropped off the baby!

Most daycares do not allow a sick child to attend. Too much risk of getting the other kids sick.

You’re never going to have a day to yourself when you have a small child. Be a good mom or you won’t get any of their time when they grow up.

StagGT 13

Why are babies so selfish? "Feed me, burp me, hold me, change me, be around so I can wake you up with crying after you've only been asleep for an hour." It's like they want everyone to pay attention to them, despite the fact that they don't do a damn thing. Oh wow. Now I understand how Bhad Babie got her stage name.

aw I'm sorry op that's a shame! hope you can get that free day soon :)

I feel ya OP. I took my son to a parents night out at the daycare. I was so excited to have a dinner with just adults. I hear a strange noise behind me while I'm checking him in. I turn around to see my kid puking.

Neeeee… Wat kut! :O Misschien heb je ergens een wellnesscentrum waar je met je baby heen kan? Volgens mij had je er een in Almere? Succes! Groetjes uit Alkmaar ;D

Misschien zou u uw diensten moeten aanbieden aangezien u dicht bij hen bent. Heeft Google dit correct vertaald?

Oh no, you actually have to perform motherly duties and take care of your offspring. The horror!

Yeah, because no parent has ever just wanted to relax for a single day out of the year.

sherbear86 21

Is a mother, if my baby had a fever I wouldn’t consider it an fml because I missed my massage, I would be worried about them. Side note I’m a single mother and have never had a day off.