By Jenbearish - 16/08/2016 04:58

Today, the laziest person in my department came and complained to me, while I was working, that they didn't know why we were so far behind today. Then they went to chat to their friend for 45 minutes. I know why. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 815
You deserved it 1 074

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Then tell him to quit sitting around chit-chatting and get his lazy ass to work!

Comments

Report that lazy son of a bitch he should be getting paid the same as you.

I shouldn't be chatting shit because I was lazy AF too at my first job.

Jenbearish 23

I've chatted to my boss about this person and so have my co-workers. Apparently this person is too old and gets stressed easily. I think if that's the case, then they should find a less stressful job or reduce their working hours. We work in a bakery, so it's a little bit stressful but no more than any other bakery/coffee shop. I'm also not on with the manager a majority of the time (at the moment our manager is on holidays) and that's when this person does most of their slacking off/taking extended lunch breaks/chatting to friends that come in and don't buy anything. When we do ask for help with the daily production, they normally have to go do something more "important" like stacking cups or slicing a cake. This person is permanent with 34 hours/week, while I'm casual, have no minimum hours, and can be fired with no notice. We got hired at the same time, but they are extremely good at brown nosing. I had an interview with another company for a permanent job this morning and everything went well, so I shouldn't be in this situation for too much longer.

I agree; they should just quit and look for a job that's less stressful. On the otherhand, I hope you'll get that permanent job! Here's to an early congratulations to you!

sgdigaetano 3

So you should have told him if he didn't spend the entire day bitching and actually did some work maybe y'all wouldn't be so far behind. Of course, only do that if you don't like the person anyway.

I know this struggle all too well... Worked with people like that before!

Sonotsuave 35

I personally hate coworkers like this. Of course it’s perfectly understandable if you want to have small like 5-10 minute conversations, but when people start standing around gabbing at other people’s desks for like an hour plus that’s when it’s like seriously you’re in a work environment to DO WORK