By ksgirl - 12/09/2009 07:39 - United States

Today, the guy I have been in love with for years decided to tell me all about his women problems and how he can't find someone. After telling him I loved him he responds, "do you know if anyone else does?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 203
You deserved it 4 054

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Love is not the same as infatuation *sigh* I'm bored with these FMLs about people being "in love" with people they're not even dating.

Thank you! I totally agree. It's just so childish to think you're "In love" with someone when there isn't that close bond of being in a relationship. Just cuz he's hot and is nice to you doesn't mean he's Prince charming.

Comments

You know, all the OP probably did was say something like, "Aw. It's OK. I love you!" And he took it as the typical fare for post-relationship counseling from a friend. In that case, I would completely contextualize it as her loving me as a friend. While I applaud your (possibly weak, and definitely badly-timed) attempt to express your love, after a few years, it's a little too late. Welcome to the "friend zone". Yes, it can happen to girls too. Enjoy your stay.

moonlight_daze 8

If I was him, I wouldn't even interpret that as you being IN love with him. I can definitely say that any friends I've had for years are people who I love.

I had the same thing happen to me. he's a dick.

RiniSunday 0

You love a guy before you even started dating? That's kind of creepy and obsessive