By Fairy31 - 01/03/2012 00:01 - United States

Today, the boy I tutor failed his math test. As a result, the family fired me. The boy failed because he forgot to write his name at the top. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 139
You deserved it 2 302

Same thing different taste

Top comments

DontClickOnMe 28

That's ridiculous. Just tell his parents what happened.

Rei_Ayanami 18

That is pretty ridiculous, I hope that income wasn't too important.

Comments

To answer all of your questions, the boy does know how to write his name. He is a sophomore in high school. Second, the school has a policy where if you forget to write your name there is no credit. I have explained this to his parents, but they did not want to hear it. I'll find a new job soon. It's high in demand.

Rocker_chic_86 2

He's old enough to know to put his name on his paper. In my classroom, that's something we're still working on (6th grade) and with 200+ students I truly don't have time to play match the handwriting to the kid's test to play detective to figure out who's it is. And looking in the gradebook to see who's missing a score doesn't always work when you have multiple kids in each class forgetting their names. If you forget to write your name on your paper (and in my class that includes last name since I have enough kids with same first name/last initial) it gets stuck to the board but goes into the gradebook as a zero until they take responsibility for it and fix the problem.

RedCamaro10 0

It happens, you were hired to teach him math, not common sense.

It's safe to say their family qualities aren't brains.

Then they should have fired the English tutor instead!

KiddNYC1O 20

I hate when people take actions without investigating.

Can't fix stupid... I strongly believe they'll be calling you back after the student fails 2-3 more tests. I would then charge them more to make up for the lost money.

hateevryone 14

More proof that for most people 70% of school is a joke :/