By ZombiexIce - 10/02/2014 03:22 - United States - San Francisco

Today, something ran across my foot while I was on the toilet. Hearing me scream, my husband ran in. We now have a new "pet" mouse named Jerry that I am not allowed to kill under threat of divorce. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 443
You deserved it 5 783

ZombiexIce tells us more.

Hey, this is the OP. I have owned rats and mice as pets, but with a wild one you really don't want them running loose around a toddler. As for getting a cat, I have been trying to get a kitten for my son, but our landlord wants a huge deposit. We are buying a humane trap and letting him go somewhere far away. We have temporarily plugged the hole he was using to get in until payday. My husband was jokingly threatening. He is just a big softie sometimes. :) We got a good laugh out of this, before I realized it was a mouse I ran screaming out of the bathroom with my pants around my knees. Glad everyone got a laugh out of this, we did!

Top comments

Get a cat and name him Tom that he's not allowed to get rid of....They can become friends.

Comments

just im sorry but ur the women u need to use to anger

If he is willing to divorce you over getting rid of a rodent, maybe you shouldn't have married. Perhaps you should get a mouser?

It was a joke. We have been together seven years, since we were teenagers. Nobody is going to down the court house over a dead mouse. :)

juturnaamo 29

I'm not a pest killer either. Humane traps are very cheap.

Mice are the only pests I wouldn't kill. Roaches and spiders are a completely different story.