By ZombiexIce - 10/02/2014 03:22 - United States - San Francisco

Today, something ran across my foot while I was on the toilet. Hearing me scream, my husband ran in. We now have a new "pet" mouse named Jerry that I am not allowed to kill under threat of divorce. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 443
You deserved it 5 783

ZombiexIce tells us more.

Hey, this is the OP. I have owned rats and mice as pets, but with a wild one you really don't want them running loose around a toddler. As for getting a cat, I have been trying to get a kitten for my son, but our landlord wants a huge deposit. We are buying a humane trap and letting him go somewhere far away. We have temporarily plugged the hole he was using to get in until payday. My husband was jokingly threatening. He is just a big softie sometimes. :) We got a good laugh out of this, before I realized it was a mouse I ran screaming out of the bathroom with my pants around my knees. Glad everyone got a laugh out of this, we did!

Top comments

Get a cat and name him Tom that he's not allowed to get rid of....They can become friends.

Comments

JMichael 25

Then her husband would get a dog named Killer and it would truly be like the show.

Killer? I always thought that the dogs names were Spike and his son Tyke?

pikawarriors 18

In one of the older episodes it said Killer on the dog house. But most of the time it is Spike and Tyke

You could always kill the mouse and if he asks who killed "Jerry", state "Tom" got his revenge.

Is 'ran it' an expression or should it be 'ran in'? Not being difficult, serious question.

wellthen7154 12

Better yet, get an identical domestic mouse at a pet shop with a bunch of supplies. You wont get divorced, and he'll be happy that "jerry" has a home.

I have a boyfriend that says the same thing about WHATEVER walks into the house, including spiders, I have arachnafobia. I'm only allowed to yell and he's taking them outside the house then. He's ******* serious about me not killing anything and your husband is probably serious aswell. There are people that keep mouses/rats as pets (I'm one of them). It's possible that he really does think it's cute, test it out, demand a cage or whatever. Don't listen to the people asking for a cat, then you have 2 pets and a massive drama once one pet has killed the other, also I'm going to assume you will be getting a kitten then and they don't touch the mouse (tbh I only have experience with rats) if they grow up with it. Make him get a cage for the mouse and put it on the other side of the house in the garage. He doesn't want a cage? He's just teasing you, make him get rid of it. He does want a cage? Whoops, I'm sorry, but hey mouses only live for 1,5 year normally?

are aracnaphobics aware that the are microscopic aracnids on your face that eat the dirt and oils the look like eight legged slugs kinda cute actually

39, first I must say I'm disturbed and horrified. 25, there is a difference between a domestic rodent and a wild one. Wild ones can carry diseases. I had pet rats when I was younger, and they're awesome. But I would never try to make a wild one my pet.

NeneWilliams 8

Isn't it mice not mouses.? And a cage is a good idea but in op case I'd still try to get rid of this one and buy one from a pet store so everyone's happy.

Omg we had a pet mouse in 7th grade we named Jerry!! We heard the trap snap it was a sad day. I don't blame your husband for wanting to keep him.

Maybe he really wants a pet?, try to talk to him to release the noise outside (or a few blocks from your home) and in exchange he can have a lab rat! those are awesome

Radayam 19

Get an exterminator. Just because YOU can't kill it doesn't mean you can't have someone else kill it for you. Loopholes!

Good. Mice are awesome and screw you for wanting to murder him just for existing where your ugly feet were.

You don't have to kill it but just take it outside a ways from the house and release it. If your husband actually loves you he won't divorce you over something so dumb.