By nerdsgetmehot - 29/12/2010 18:32 - United States

Today, six months have passed since my parents announced that they're getting a divorce. We're all still awkwardly living together because we haven't been able to sell our house yet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 976
You deserved it 2 515

Same thing different taste

Top comments

zp5 4

It must be a little weird when you guys go to the kitchen table to eat...I mean, it must be a little quiet...

"pass the salt?" "GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASS AND GET IT YOURSELF!"

Comments

haha my mom just straight up left and stayed at a hotel

my parents lived together for almost a year and a half after they decided to get divorced. i moved out with my dad about 6 months ago, and my mum's house still hasn't sold. me and my dad are paying for her house as well as ours, because if we didn't, it'd get reposessed.

I think I lived like that for 2 years...

snowboarder1105 0

my friend has the same exact problem!

I kind of doubt anyone will read this, but oh well. :P Thank you to everyone who took the time to say kind things! I really do appreciate it. It's been tough, and it looks like it will continue to be tough for quite awhile. For those of you that are in the same situation as I am, I am truly sorry! I'm sad that you have to go through this, too. For those of you that are in the same situation as I am and decided that the best solution was to cuss me out and tell me to shut up and stop whining, F your lives-- not because you're in the situation, but because you seem to lack even an ounce of compassion. We could have offered each other advice, but instead you chose to lash out. That's your choice.

I did! :) I'm sorry to hear that it doesn't look like it'll get better soon :( I hope your new job pays enough so that you'll be able to get your own place soon!

I was thinking of posting this exact FML a year ago (as the same was happenin in my life), but then i figured it wasn't a big enough problem and no-one would really care. 6 months later, my mum had a stroke which left her paralysed, another 6 months later (present day) my parents are still divorced, living in the same house, my dad working taking up most of his time, his misses taking up the majority of the rest of his time, who he still denys her existance. And I'm a 19 year old at college 2 days a week, trying to find work the other 4-5 days, caring for my disabled mother. dont worry mate, it could be worse ;)

This is the first time when I see the OP's answers in the comments, and, well, I already came across the OP's profile before. It really can be very awkward, not only for you but mostly for them. Try to imagine loving someone for a long time, then having a great relationship problems and trying to deal with them for a long time (trying to save the family and so on), and then finally falling into divorce, and then... what? still living together! whooo. I'd like to never get through divorce, by the way.

superblybeastly 0

happened to my friend for almost two years try sleeping over there

I'm in the same situation..... it's not fun... I. feel for you....

photogal12345 0