By nerdsgetmehot - 29/12/2010 18:32 - United States

Today, six months have passed since my parents announced that they're getting a divorce. We're all still awkwardly living together because we haven't been able to sell our house yet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 976
You deserved it 2 515

Same thing different taste

Top comments

zp5 4

It must be a little weird when you guys go to the kitchen table to eat...I mean, it must be a little quiet...

"pass the salt?" "GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASS AND GET IT YOURSELF!"

Comments

Ah ngmh, that must really suck :( a divorce alone is terrible, and your situation is even worse :( FYL.

It happens more often than you think. Whining to the Internet isn't going to help your situation. Spend time away from home. it'll get better eventually.

ciaogirl 0

the exact same here but five months. it sucks. Ohmygod.

buddha313 0

I feel your pain. My parents still lived together, after divorce, when they were both dating other people. Talk about awkward.

perdix 29

I hope you haven't announced which parent you'd prefer to live with. Mothers' Day or Fathers' Day is going to be real uncomfortable for the loser. You might just want to set a match to the place and split the insurance money. A baking project gone awry (or "a rye" if you are into artisan flours ;) ) can provide a good cover to hide an arson-for-profit scheme. I won't tell if you don't.

AV16 0

I've been living this way for 2 years. You get used to it.

Ah, I'm sorry, nerds. Is everyone at least being civil? Neither of your parents are able to get a room or stay with friends? Tough. FYL.

Thanks, Foe! It's been pretty tough. My parents are usually at least somewhat civil, but sometimes it gets...Really bad. Sadly, my mom is keeping the house and my dad doesn't have any friends to stay with and my grandma (his mom) doesn't have room for him to stay with her...So we'll all just have to sit tight and wait it out until financial stuff is less tough.

I wish you well, hopefully the future holds many blessings :)

#39 Aw, thanks! I sure as heck hope so. I think the universe owes me some blessings right about now. :P

Ugh, yeah, it's a tough market. Some day this will just be something you look back on as a dim memory and in the meantime, I guess you get tips on how to be handle yourslkf under pressure. Best of luck to you and your family.

That's where having parents gets you. Next time, you'll know better and won't repeat the mistake of having parents. Also, just think: if you didn't live in a house, then you wouldn't be in this situation either. So, sorry to say, Nerds, but you brought this on yourself :(

What would that smell like? Forced laughter, laugh tracks, regurgitated gaffs and lines don't have scent if I recall...