By Retailhell - 22/12/2014 06:25 - United States

Today, since it's company policy, I had to go to the back of my small store to retrieve an item for a customer, even though I was working by myself. I came back to find that since she couldn't get into the cash register, she found and stole my purse instead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 413
You deserved it 3 426

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hopefully the small store you work at has video surveillance so you can report it to the police. I hope you're able to get your things back.

Try to see if your company will replace the lost goods! I hope nothing too valuable was lost OP.

Comments

YDI. You should always have something like that LOCKED UP!! She now has your identity (not to mention she now knows where you live) and you're screwed now. Smh. Always lock up your purse and NEVER WORK ON YOUR OWN! I realize you couldn't avoid that, BUT maybe ask to put in a policy that requires two people to work so this is avoided.

You are the most ******* retarded asshole of an idiot I have had the missfortune of listening to.

rocker_chick23 27

Has anyone bothered to think that the only place OP could put her purse was behind the counter? A lot of stores don't have lockers, OP could not have a car, and the boss probably told her that she can't leave personal belongings in the back of the store. When I worked retail, behind the counter the only place I could put my purse.

Why not just explain that it was company policy and say you knew that wouldn't work?

EDIT: to my last post: that was the wrong FML I commented on

I will never understand this weird "company policy" System with absolute rules...thank god that's mostly a North American Thing...but i'm still sorry for you OP that's really harsh...

It also seems there are a lot of company policies out there which are simply illegal and against the law.

They should at least have an insurance policy for staff belongings? At the very least sake I hope you can get compensation

shelbycobra0991 8

That sucks, OP. Does your company provide you with lockers? We're no longer allowed to have purses on check stands for the same reason.

Rules are not always meant to be followed.

but your company doesn't have a "lock your purse in a safe place" rule?

This is why we don't work at retail. It's time to find a better job. Good luck, and I have high hopes for you. (:

Because getting a better job is just that easy. I have a university degree, college diploma, and have completed three internships, yet I am still working retail. You're essentially a rich person telling a poor person to "just get some more money".