By Retailhell - 22/12/2014 06:25 - United States

Today, since it's company policy, I had to go to the back of my small store to retrieve an item for a customer, even though I was working by myself. I came back to find that since she couldn't get into the cash register, she found and stole my purse instead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 413
You deserved it 3 426

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hopefully the small store you work at has video surveillance so you can report it to the police. I hope you're able to get your things back.

Try to see if your company will replace the lost goods! I hope nothing too valuable was lost OP.

Comments

What's with all these dumb company policies anyways?

HarleyBlues 24

How could they not expect something like that to happen if you have to leave the front of the store unattended throughout the day?

FYL I would be so mad if I were you, op. You should have chased after after her and released your inner hulk.

At my store, we do not leave purses or personal belongings where people can get them. Perhaps your store should enforce a similar policy. I leave mine in my car.

JadeWinter 16

I feel like that's just inviting a break in. Realistically, the store should provide a safe area for employees belongings out the back. Something that isn't easily accessed by the public.

yeah as a fellow retail worker I would of said sorry I don't have any coverage and would of left it at that.. hopefully you have security cameras

Okay grammar nazi, that's full of mistakes as I'm well aware of, so why don't you kiss my ass and worry about something else other than my would of vs would have.

I know a lot of stores have a back room where they keep extra stuff , you should next put your purse in the back room where you as the employee can go back there.

I hope you can catch the person who did that, or at least get compensation from your employee for their idiotic policy.

imagineapc 11

You deserve it for keeping your purse in the front of the store. Even if ther me was another employee working with you, if the customer you helped had an accomplice they could have easily created a distraction and gotten away with it still. 100% your fault.