By duped - 15/08/2011 05:45 - Pakistan

Today, our cleaning lady's son came to our house claiming that his mother had died of a heart attack. We gave him her entire month's salary as well as some extra money. A few hours later, our cleaning lady turned up for work. Turns out she doesn't have a son. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 397
You deserved it 22 938

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You probably should have verified his identity (and her death) first. Live and learn.

ToeJams 0

next time ask him what his mom's name is before you give him money...

Comments

Did he return with glasses and mustache as the wallet inspector ?

Well, he was similar to the cleaning lady somehow: He cleaned out your wallet! Corny joke; I apologize in advance. But in all seriousness, you should a file a police report, because he may strike again as your mailman, or delivery guy next week.

You don't pay the mailman or the delivery boy..

Depends what they're delivering. A package? No. A pizza? Yes

In different countries you can pay your bills threw the mailman, or if you get some sort of money from the government the mailman usually brings it unless you have a bank account it goes directly onto. In Hungary (Europe) mailman carry large amounts of cash on them, around the beginning of the month.

Wow...that's a rather demonic way to commit a crime. If you abuse people's heart strings, soon nobody will have any left...

Our early contender for FML Moron of the Week.

Having lived in that country, I can tell you that they're most likely chillin in the same house watching the new tv they just bought.

YDI for not bothering to know anything about the lady who picks up your shit.

sxe_beast 11

I totally agree. We would call our housekeeper's family to verify this. :|

Who even has cleaning ladies anymore? Do you have a butler and maidservant as well? This isn't the 19th century

fauxyhaha 0

Tons of people have cleaning ladies, dude. No maidservant and butler, but someone who keeps the house tidy.

sourgirl101 28

I have a cleaning lady. She's awesome and I treat her like gold. I sometimes work 50+ hours a week and want to spend time with my family instead of cleaning on my day off. I'm also providing someone else with a job. (:

It's not really a big deal in third world countries like Pakistan, literally everyone has a maid/man-servant, cook, gardener and driver here. And it's not a class thing, I'm talking about lower-middle income families here.

Thanks 114 I've never been there so don't really know

countryb_cth 38

@41 At my house we have a cleaning lady because my mom has a bad back and my dad works out of town. Plus because I am an only child my mom would rather have me focused on my studies than the house work. So to make it easier we have a cleaning lady. @OP you should have know your cleaning lady a bit better. I mean the lady that cleans our house we know her quite well. Usually people want to get to know someone who would be in their house for a few hours, even alone during the day.