By duped - 15/08/2011 05:45 - Pakistan

Today, our cleaning lady's son came to our house claiming that his mother had died of a heart attack. We gave him her entire month's salary as well as some extra money. A few hours later, our cleaning lady turned up for work. Turns out she doesn't have a son. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 392
You deserved it 22 935

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You probably should have verified his identity (and her death) first. Live and learn.

ToeJams 0

next time ask him what his mom's name is before you give him money...

Comments

People are too trusting nowdays ... and those damn bastards take advantage of that.

bjohnst12 0

Conseulas son is in jail you should know that...

If it was in cash then sorry OP but YDI I feel for ya though that's shady :-(

I wouldn't have donated money, it's not what she would have wanted had she really passed away, a box of lemon pledge would have shown how much you care!!

hisgirlherboy 5

how would you know it's not what she wanted?

Looks like instead of the nigerian 419 scam, this guy's dealing with the 409 scam.

Reporting him to stop him duping more people is important. Also, learning from this experience is too. I can understand that you didn't want to seem harsh to someone who'd lost his mother - hence the choice of his con - but next time, tell whoever it is that you need to go through official channels and stuff to give you time to check the story without seeming insensitive.

Going to click YDI for this because you should have checked who he was first if you never knew for sure. Other than that, that sucks OP.