By duped - 15/08/2011 05:45 - Pakistan

Today, our cleaning lady's son came to our house claiming that his mother had died of a heart attack. We gave him her entire month's salary as well as some extra money. A few hours later, our cleaning lady turned up for work. Turns out she doesn't have a son. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 396
You deserved it 22 938

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You probably should have verified his identity (and her death) first. Live and learn.

ToeJams 0

next time ask him what his mom's name is before you give him money...

Comments

unixdude 9

A fool and their money are soon parted.

Instead of treating her like maid, you should have taken the time to know a little bit about her. the you would have known that she didn't have a son. You totally deserve it

Your cleaning lady probaly does have a son and you just getting scammed by the maid to fire her and get a new one! (Make sure you know the deatails.

mama8809 0

Oh my gosh I feel so bad for you hon it's ok karma well bite him in the a$$$ he well get his

A lot of people run scams like that in Pakistan. It's happened to all my family. Although it's normally the maids that do it

good41thing198 7

Scams in Pakistan are nothing like scams in NYC. People are being shot and killed in scores on a daily basis. Government, military, and police are rampant with corruption. Someone showing up at your door claiming someone you know is dead is a normal daily occurrence. It makes perfect sense that a wealthy Pakistani family would give a surviving relative a months pay, since the cleaning lady was working for beans anyway. The divide between the haves and have nots there is huge. In truth, this girls parents probably knew it was a scam and just wanted to help the poor bastard out.

Good to see someone from Pakistan on FML. Bad luck with this maid thing, but funny as hell!

sarius90 0

Maybe it was the lady son and she had him say that to get the month worth of money and when she came into work she just said that he doesnt have a son and still gets paid with that 'bonus'

The same thing sort of happened to us recently too. Guess Ramzan brings out the worst in people, can't really blame them with the way things are in our country, but still sucks for you guys. Like people said before, verify first. :)