By shreking_bawl - 14/11/2014 18:39 - Norway

Today, one of my debate opponents used the "Bill O'Reilly defense" against my arguments. This involved saying "You can't explain that" about easily explainable stuff, and speaking louder and louder to drown out my voice. He ended up getting a better grade than mine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 147
You deserved it 3 434

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I hope he started off by yelling "F-ck it! We'll do it live!"

If that was the case just yell beep! Censor his ass that way he can't explain anything. His tactics were obviously effective if you couldn't stop him from his specific goal.

Comments

"knobgoblin" is probably the best insult I've ever heard. I can't wait to use that. On a side note, "Don't make me punch you in the dick with the back of my throat!" is probably the best threat/phrase I've ever heard.

I hate Bill O'Reilly. He's such a moron.

un0m3 14

You shouldn't let people Billy you like that.

Bill O'Reilly does that sometimes, but Piers Morgan is in your camp and a far worse offender.

This is how i imagined it :) "but 2+2 is fo-" "NOPE YOU CANT EXPLAIN THAT LALALALALALA I CANT HEAR YOU. " will you listen ple-" "NO NO NO NO"

That sucks man, at least inside you will know that you are the true master debater ;) And that you will be able to use those skills in the future, but he will just get the shit kicked out of him.

Sounds more like you are a democrat who got out-debated

SkyGuy32 17

I was doing a debate about presumed consent for organ procurement from the deceased and I observed the semi-finals. One of them argued "Why do we need to respect their wishes, they're dead, they won't know or care"