By JobHunter - 28/07/2009 12:27 - Malta

Today, on my way to work I stopped at a winery and spent around $120 on 2 bottles of wine for my boss, since it was his birthday. When I gave him the gift, in exchange he let me know I am being laid off - his consolation was "if you can afford this wine I'm sure you'll be OK". FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 202
You deserved it 4 287

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tenkenshi 2

Should have taken them back and told him.. "I just got fired, I think I'll need these more than you."

I would have taken it back, if i were you.

Comments

What a dick! He shouldn't have accepted that gift if he knew he was about to lay you off!

what a dick, you should of kepth the bottles instead!

eli_guerra 0

What a dick! I would have said, "Well since I am w/o a job, I am cutting back financially! Nice knowing you!" Than I would take my wine.

wakingzombies 0

You should've been like "that's too bad, then" and repossessed the wine. 150-proof FYL, dude.

What the hell man!? That's worse than hearing someone getting laid off after they had worked SO hard to make the store look a lot better and get a nicer reputation. Their boss felt that they didn't need them anymore after their first evaluation. I REALLY hope you took those bottles back!

waterynuggets 0

Looks like you're gonna need that wine.

fxdxhk90 0

Once he said you were fired you should have just taken back the wine bottles, I mean it's not like you had anything to lose at that point. O, and piss on his leg.

ithedarkknight 0

he laid you off... i would take the bottles back to the store and return them for a refund... then look for another job...

Take em back. Your boss doesn't deserve a gift.