Bitch move

By Ineedtoshutup - 19/08/2021 16:01

Today, I went to the movies with this guy I'd started dating. During the movie, I thought it would be cool and funny to make sarcastic comments. When he dropped me off home, he told me that it was the worst date ever and to not talk to him again for being "annoying and obnoxious." FML
I agree, your life sucks 243
You deserved it 2 246

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Some people really enjoy movies and don’t want the distractions of constant conversation or comments. To a person like this your behavior would be rude and obnoxious. And then for some people the comments and conversation during the movie are what they like - But for most of us that is not the case. You should have noted what your date did during the movie - If they were a talker during the movie then it would be OK with them to talk (but NOT to the people around you).

Comments

Some people really enjoy movies and don’t want the distractions of constant conversation or comments. To a person like this your behavior would be rude and obnoxious. And then for some people the comments and conversation during the movie are what they like - But for most of us that is not the case. You should have noted what your date did during the movie - If they were a talker during the movie then it would be OK with them to talk (but NOT to the people around you).

Read the room, lady! Was he appreciating your comments as you made them? And even if the content of your jokes was funny, it is definitely annoying to talk during a movie in a theater. Watching Netflix at home is another story. Pull your head out of your ass and show some situational awareness.

MechanicalKid1 5

Who would ever want to pay to see a movie just to have someone not only talking through it, but also be negative about it the entire time? YDI

I have someone in my life who is normally and annoyingly sarcastic all the time, especially when he's not happy with something, he treats it like it's ten times worse than it actually is. Sarcasm is not pretty. The only person having fun with sarcasm is the person delivering it. As for everyone else, well, how much do you think they enjoy being treated like they're five years old?

bobsanction 18

Don't talk during movies ya jerk

Normally when people go to see a movie, they want to watch the movie. And hear the movie, not some snarky comments made by their date. Why did you possibly think that was a good idea? YDI.