By Hutchie931 - 30/07/2016 23:24 - United Kingdom - Dudley

Today, on a girls night out at a very fancy restaurant, our waiter spilled my chocolate dessert over my new white pants. To repay up, they gave us a free bottle of red wine, which he promptly coated me in. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 960
You deserved it 1 702

Hutchie931 tells us more.

Hi to continue after that fiasco the waiter was very apologetic and so was the owner and I got 15% of my bill and got recommended a Dry Cleaners that specialised in "accidental" stains so not all bad :)

Top comments

That waiter should consider a different profession. Preferably one that doesn't involve carrying anything.

After that did they give you a free dry clean?

Comments

He was just hoping that if he spilled enough stuff in you, That you would strip in the middle of the restaurant

The waiter was so smitten with you that he was all thumbs.

mikeygolfgt1 3

Calling bullshit, Dudley is a scum area and the poshest restaurant they have is Greggs

Hi to continue after that fiasco the waiter was very apologetic and so was the owner and I got 15% of my bill and got recommended a Dry Cleaners that specialised in "accidental" stains so not all bad :)

That's great and all, and don't take this the wrong way, but I'dve been PISSED that they only took 15% off the bill. White pants with chocolate and red wine? Hopefully that 15% savings was at least enough to cover the damages. Either way, it sounds like you took that unfortunate series of events in stride, and good on you!

Casseopeia 21

So basically they removed about a tips worth of money. ?

They gave you a shit deal. They should have comped the whole meal and possibly offered to pay for the dry cleaning depending on how bad they ****** up.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
wolfgurl28 10

I'm sorry but you got scammed.... You should of had a free meal and paid for your dry cleaning. 15% is complete crap.

Yeah it was a very expensive meal so 15% was more than enough to cover everything and save me money but trust me it's not the worst restaurant experience I've had!

OP here again and it was a very expensive meal/ night out so 15% was quite a big saving and it covered everything. Plus it's not the worst restaurant experience but that's for another time

mariri9206 32

To those commenting about being upset that they ONLY took off 15% of the bill: friendly reminder that they could've made the experience worse and blamed OP for it and took nothing off the bill. Instead, after the chocolate incident, they gave them a free bottle of red wine and, after that was spilled on OP, they comped part of their bill when it could've been nothing. If it were me, I'd be happy that they tried to make it right with the free wine and then the 15% off. Those being upset about it being only 15% off remind me of the customers I get that complain about something being wrong but are never happy with what they get out of it. How about not looking a gift horse in the mouth and just being happy to get anything to remedy the situation, like OP is?

how come you're in the UK but use the word pants instead of trousers?! o_O

Sorry, but no. The VERY LEAST the restaurant should have done was pay for the dry cleaning. And her meal (not the whole table's) should have been free. The waiter spilled stuff on her TWICE and ruined her clothes. 15% off and the name of a dry cleaner is not good enough.

Goblin182 26

Are you sure they are not schilling for the dry cleaners?

stuckintime 17

When this would happen at the restaurant we would offer to pay for the dry cleaning. We are the ones at fault. We paid to keep the customer happy, and to avoid the word of mouth about a bad experience and sticking you with a high dry cleaning bill. if you tell people you know about this experience and they tell someone else. it would be a chance that some would have second thoughts about coming there. it's bad PR, make it right make you happy.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Wow that's terrible! Hopefully you can get some new pants. After the second time, that's all I'd really want lol.

pleasedie 22

You sure that waiter didn't secretly hate you ?

Chocolate and red wine?? What's your address I'll be right over :)

blackrose1996 11

Well then time to ask for a new waiter

You entire meal better have been free at that point.