By Jack - 03/04/2013 21:40

Today, my washing machine broke down, within its warranty. I asked my neighbour if she could open the door for the mechanic while I was at work; she agreed. When I came home, I had a bill for 80 bucks for not opening the door. Her reason? She was busy watching her favorite TV show. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 591
You deserved it 5 129

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you want something done right, do it yourself.

BlackBlazeCobra 16

I would make her pay the bill for utter laziness.

Comments

graphicstyle7 17

I'm guessing she does not know about watching TV on the internet or TiVo. Write her a letter saying that since she could probably pirate it and watch it any time, you don't have to pay! But really, ignore it, she can't do anything to you in small claims court. They would laugh at her and throw it out.

Lesson learned: Never trust other people to do things that you want done in a certain way.. Your own fault, sorry to say!

joethebiden 8

And that's why God invented "using some of your vacation time to take a day off and take care of your own business".

klovemachine 24

Some people don't get paid vacation time :-(

Agreed, #51. In my place, I could be told that with other people being gone, I could not take time off. (And I'm lucky to have five weeks of vacation time due to working at my job for 20+ years.) At least now OP knows who not to trust in the future.

Chucklikesbacon 12

I'm sort of torn, I think you're at fault for not scheduling the repair when you were home, I would want to be there anyway, in case anything goes wrong. But your neighbour did tell you she would open the door for the repair guy, so it seemed that it would work out. Either way, your neighbour shouldn't have said she would open the door and not do it anyway.

It depends on the business that OP is dealing with . I know of one shop in my local area that advertises later hours, but they are the exception. Most have hours of "when I get there".

Why would you even invite a stranger into your home when you're not there.

Expensive lesson. Neighbor lady is unreliable. But honestly, it was your responsibility to be there, not her's.

That's why you don't trust your neighbors unless you actually know them/spend time with them. FYL OP.

Doesn't mean they won't let you down. I asked a good friend if he would collect my mail once a week while I was away for 3 weeks (as I forgot to get post cancelled), and he didn't. Two packages were returned to sender, and I had to pay for them to be re-posted.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

Always schedule that stuff when you're home personally.

RaeNiece1 15

That Sucks. Next Time You Should Set An Appointment During A Time You're Home, Or Ask A Family Member To Stay At Your House Until The Mechanic Comes.